What's new

Get paid to watch DVD movies! (1 Viewer)

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Hi Adam,
The job sounds interesting and I live in Burbank. I've also worked for a few of the major home video companies. I'll give you a call.

Greg

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
when I was switching cable companies I didn't have cable for about two weeks. So whenever I wanted to watch TV I just had to watch movies. After about a week I was so sick of DVDs and found myself reading a lot.

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
Somewhere back in the day, like 2 or 3 years ago, I was complaining about screwed-up DVD animated menus (especially Disney) and lamenting that companies didn't seem to have people doing exactly the kind of QC that's being talked-about here.

Bravo! It's about frickin time.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Ya' know, I'm sure that this position is PRIME for telecommuting. If you would condider that, sign me up.
I would immediately leave the 9-month long winters of Michigan to sunny CA, but I keep all my stuff in MI so that option is out. ;)

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
As a disabled person that has limited opportunities, I would definitely be interested, if I didn't have to move to CA. Can you do this from a wheelchair? There are tons of disabled people sitting at home with no jobs that would probably love to have this job.

Matthew_S

Second Unit
Adam,

Don't want to be a wiseguy here but, with cell phones, email, pagers, faxes, conference calls, etc. - Why couldn't someone do this job from a remote location? I sure would. Love monotonous, repetitive tasks.

As for this forum becoming a "classified section", who cares? good dvd-related jobs should be posted here as often as possible!!!!

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
If I were to venture a guess, I would guess that you need to be at their location because you must test the DVD's on various players, not just your own. And because several testers need to test several DVD's on the same player, they can't just ship an entire test range of players to one person.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
What he explained to me when I called was that to take the discs off-site would constitute a "security breach". I didn't ask for details of what he meant by that, but it seems obvious to me that the breach would come into play when you have gosh-knows-how-many discs of unreleased titles going off-to-gosh-knows-where into the hands of gosh-knows-who.
Then you have "employees" who show the discs to their friends and family, and pirate them, and upload the film to the internet, etc.
Then you have discs that never reach their destination, and fall into the hands of non-employees who can do all these things.
Not to mention eBay! :)
I don't think there are enough non-disclosure and other agreements in the world to protect them from this stuff. so an on-site-only policy makes sense for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks