What's new

GC, XBox or PS2 - Which is best for kids (age 6)? (1 Viewer)

Scott Shanks

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Shanks
We decided (reluctantly) to get our kids a game console for Xmas this year. They are age 5.5 and 7. Which console would be best to get for that age group? I'm leaning toward the Gamecube because there seems to be more games for kids that age. Any advice/suggestions are appreciated.

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I'd go with your first instinct. GC seems to be more kid friendly overall, with the big majority of their games being very family oriented. There are some exceptions, but overall it's the one I'd get for kids use.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
My friend has a nine-year-old daughter, and while I don't have a single PS2 or XBox game she is interested in playing, and few that she is even allowed to play, she is currently really enjoying playing with my spare Dreamcast (Bass fishing, Sonic and ReVolt) and also really likes my Gamecube (Super Monkey Ball and Pikmin). So I'd certainly say that the Cube is the way to go.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I'd say the Cube too. Animal Crossing is a great game everyone can enjoy, as is Super Monkey Ball 1/2, Mario, Smash Brothers, Pikmin, hopefully a future Mario kart title, Sonic Adventure, and others. Plus, you've got the Resident Evil series, Rogue Leader, and other more adult games if you want to get some games for yourself.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I couldn't agree more. The gamecube is probably my favorite system out of the 3 and it has the biggest kid oriented lineup. Go figure!

Nintendo has always been a company that seeks out children gamers, more so than other companies, and will probably always do so.

Glen

Tim Hess

Second Unit
Owning all three consoles, I'd have to vote Cube as well :)
The above post list very good reasons why!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks