GC, XBox or PS2 - Which is best for kids (age 6)?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Shanks, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Scott Shanks

Scott Shanks Second Unit

Scott Shanks
    We decided (reluctantly) to get our kids a game console for Xmas this year. They are age 5.5 and 7. Which console would be best to get for that age group? I'm leaning toward the Gamecube because there seems to be more games for kids that age. Any advice/suggestions are appreciated.

2. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

I'd go with your first instinct. GC seems to be more kid friendly overall, with the big majority of their games being very family oriented. There are some exceptions, but overall it's the one I'd get for kids use.

3. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

My friend has a nine-year-old daughter, and while I don't have a single PS2 or XBox game she is interested in playing, and few that she is even allowed to play, she is currently really enjoying playing with my spare Dreamcast (Bass fishing, Sonic and ReVolt) and also really likes my Gamecube (Super Monkey Ball and Pikmin). So I'd certainly say that the Cube is the way to go.

4. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

I'd say the Cube too. Animal Crossing is a great game everyone can enjoy, as is Super Monkey Ball 1/2, Mario, Smash Brothers, Pikmin, hopefully a future Mario kart title, Sonic Adventure, and others. Plus, you've got the Resident Evil series, Rogue Leader, and other more adult games if you want to get some games for yourself.

5. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

I couldn't agree more. The gamecube is probably my favorite system out of the 3 and it has the biggest kid oriented lineup. Go figure!

Nintendo has always been a company that seeks out children gamers, more so than other companies, and will probably always do so.

Glen

6. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I'd vote for the Cube as well...

7. Scott Shanks

Scott Shanks Second Unit

Scott Shanks
    Thanks for everyone's input. It was a BIG help!

8. Tim Hess

Tim Hess Second Unit

Owning all three consoles, I'd have to vote Cube as well [​IMG]
    The above post list very good reasons why!