What's new

Pre-Order Gamera: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Gamera: The Giant Monster
Gamera vs. Barugon
Gamera vs. Gyaos
Gamera vs. Viras

I picked them up as a set for under $10 on Amazon over 6 years ago. Looks like the set is quite a bit more expensive now.

"Barugon" is the best of that bunch, IMO - and the best of the 1st 8. It's the only one that isn't essentially a kiddie movie!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Oh, and in the crazy coincidence category:

Carl Craig - 1 of the 2 main kids in "Viras" - literally lives a couple of miles away from me!

The disc's extras mention where he lives, so I looked online and found out how close he is!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
"Barugon" is the best of that bunch, IMO - and the best of the 1st 8. It's the only one that isn't essentially a kiddie movie!
I bought them mainly for nostalgia. I grew up watching all these "monster" movies on TV. It was only $9.50 for four films. I can't see paying over $100 for the entire set of films.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I bought them mainly for nostalgia. I grew up watching all these "monster" movies on TV. It was only $9.50 for four films. I can't see paying over $100 for the entire set of films.

I'd never seen a minute of Gamera before the Blu-rays arrived a few weeks back.

I'm not sure I even knew anything about the character beyond the notion Gamera was a monster series in the Godzilla vein!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Oh, and in the crazy coincidence category:

Carl Craig - 1 of the 2 main kids in "Viras" - literally lives a couple of miles away from me!

The disc's extras mention where he lives, so I looked online and found out how close he is!
The extras gave his address?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Set is huge, and heavy. The video quality exceeded my expectations, and the bonus features are simply great.

Arrow knocked it out of the park with this release. Very satisfied with this purchase!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
For those with the Gamera set already AND a region free player -- could I ask you to try the other regions. There is still a lot of confusion
about whether this is Region A+B, region locked, or A/B/C.

Almost all the dual region releases have been A/B or Region All, but there are a couple exceptions and so far I haven't seen anyone confirm the region status.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I was going to post earlier in the day because I got the email from Amazon that it was unavailable even though I pre-ordered the day that damn thing was announced but they can deliver to the scalpers who are now charging $399 a set. And get this, did I want to still keep my original order, yes, but then I did some more research. So this same discussion is going on on that other forum, Arrow has the US and UK distribution rights so the UK version is region free A / B. My suggestion order directly from Arrow because it is a limited number once that numbers done there it's going to say that it's unavailable.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
One person did confirm the US set was A and B compatible. Waiting to get some confirm that the UK set is also A+B though it very likely will be since virtually all their Simultaneous releases have been

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I feel bad for those that really wanted this set, but for some reason missed the pre order.

It looks to be sold out with scalpers already raking in a profit on E-Bay.

I wonder how many copies were made?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I pre-ordered on August 11 but it looks like I'm screwed. I had no idea the pressing was going to be that limited.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Amazon UK and Arrow both still have sets available.

AmazonUk as low as £95 shipped to the US (128 to CAD) -- add around £11 for Priority shipping

Arrow around £136-140 shipped to the US.

Basically a lot less expensive via Amazon even choosing Priority shipping

Also noticed a listing at Amazon.es, but a bit more expensive -- approx 115 EUR for slower shipping and 120EUR Priority, but an alternative in case AmazonUK sells out of raising the price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks