Pre-Order Gamera: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Bob Cashill

Senior HTF Member
Arrow has done its usual fantastic job packaging this set. My favorites are the latter, '90s ones (all as good, or better, than the Godzillas of its era), but all are well-served by this incredible (and weighty!) presentation.

Reactions: Wade Sowers

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Real Name
Doug
Amazon UK and Arrow both still have sets available.

AmazonUk as low as £95 shipped to the US (128 to CAD) -- add around £11 for Priority shipping

Arrow around £136-140 shipped to the US.

Basically a lot less expensive via Amazon even choosing Priority shipping

Also noticed a listing at Amazon.es, but a bit more expensive -- approx 115 EUR for slower shipping and 120EUR Priority, but an alternative in case AmazonUK sells out of raising the price.
I'm seeing 109 plus shipping at Amazon.co.uk. Still, it IS in stock if you want it:

1597979299956.png

1597979407673.png

David Norman

Premium
I'm seeing 109 plus shipping at Amazon.co.uk. Still, it IS in stock if you want it:
Subtract the 20% VAT for a US order-- £91.66 + £3.08 shipping

What the hell is an exchange rate guarantee fee? A new fake name for a Foreign Exchange Rate fee (FOREX) since it appears to be almost exactly 3%. At least it sounds like Amazon is charging their fee upfront now instead of burying it in their fake exchange rate like they have for years and claiming they are saving you from evil Bank Fees of up to 3% by adding 4-4.5% to the exchange rate.

91.66+3.08 -- £94.74
Current Exchange approx 1.31USD/£
$124USD with an FOREX free Credit Card like a Cap One or even Amazon VISA (irony of ironies) or numerous others now.

I guess with a long off preorder if you expected the exchange rate to worsen significantly it might make a little sense but for an instock item it seem to be a waste though if you don't have a FOREX free CC it's your choice to pay the extra 3% to your bank or to Amazon

Reactions: dpippel

Ejanss

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Not gonna lie:
I saw the picture online and first thought someone had photoshopped a Criterion joke. :lol:

No prize for guessing Arrow's idea was directly inspired.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Amazon Charged me for this on Tuesday but has not shipped it yet. I preordered back in March.

Last edited:

jayembee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jerry
Arrow has done its usual fantastic job packaging this set. My favorites are the latter, '90s ones (all as good, or better, than the Godzillas of its era), but all are well-served by this incredible (and weighty!) presentation.
I'm not a serious kaiju fan, and I waffled about getting this. On the plus side, I'd be able to put it on a shelf next to Criterion's Godzilla set; on the downside, when I was a kid I preferred Godzilla to Gamera. I was leaning toward getting it anyway, but having traded in a boatload to DVDs to Bull Moose 2-3 weeks back, I had more than enough store credit to cover this.

I haven't had a chance to watch any of them yet, but I was spot-checking the discs, and getting a feel for the series, and I confess that the Heisei Era films (the 90s reboot) definitely looked the most intriguing.

ahollis

Premium
Real Name
Allen
I received my copy yesterday. I pre-ordered when it was announced. I figured it would sell fast. I am now looking forward to a weekend with Gamera.

Bob Cashill

Senior HTF Member
I'm not a serious kaiju fan, and I waffled about getting this. On the plus side, I'd be able to put it on a shelf next to Criterion's Godzilla set; on the downside, when I was a kid I preferred Godzilla to Gamera. I was leaning toward getting it anyway, but having traded in a boatload to DVDs to Bull Moose 2-3 weeks back, I had more than enough store credit to cover this.

I haven't had a chance to watch any of them yet, but I was spot-checking the discs, and getting a feel for the series, and I confess that the Heisei Era films (the 90s reboot) definitely looked the most intriguing.
Any kaiju eiga fan will enjoy the Gamera trilogy of the 90s. (Gamera the Brave is off to the side of those.) Having grown up with most of the 60s movies on the 4:30 Movie here in NYC (Zigra and Super Monster never aired) I was pleasantly surprised by how they updated the character. (I’ll add that the old ones are often quite weird, not conventional “kids movies” as Americans know them.)

Ejanss

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ

I haven't seen the Heisei Gamera films--And while I'll assume they're technically better than those...strange MST3K-heckled vintage Gameras, they may also be a little 90's-cheesier, once Japan was trying to borrow Hollywood's 90's-blockbuster licks.
Any vintage GZ fan who's sat through the "Rebirth of Mothra" trilogy will know EXACTLY what I mean, even if they never saw "Godzilla 2000".

For Arrow to stick the new Gameras in for Godzilla-envy seems a bit like "cheating", in that it only makes you picture what Criterion's set would have been if they'd included "Tokyo S.O.S." in with the classics.

Bob Cashill

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen the Heisei Gamera films--And while I'll assume they're technically better than those...strange MST3K-heckled vintage Gameras, they may also be a little 90's-cheesier, once Japan was trying to borrow Hollywood's 90's-blockbuster licks.
Any vintage GZ fan who's sat through the "Rebirth of Mothra" trilogy will know EXACTLY what I mean, even if they never saw "Godzilla 2000".

For Arrow to stick the new Gameras in for Godzilla-envy seems a bit like "cheating", in that it only makes you picture what Criterion's set would have been if they'd included "Tokyo S.O.S." in with the classics.
They’re much better than the Mothra movies.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
time to vent and elate all in the same post,

the day this was anounced, i preordered on Amazon, and after many numerous e-mails, even on the day of delivery, last thursday i got a notice of out for delivery, only to be followed 1 hour later of out of stock and did i still want to keep my order. I had read on the other forum that Arrow now had both the US and UK rights and that even the UK disc labled "B" would more than likley be "A/B" compatable and went to Arrows site direct since this was a limited number edition for get the number of total units, but if it was completly sold out Arrow would be the most accurate at that information, so i ordered 3PM eastern standard time thursday, before the day was over, i had already gotten a dispatched e-mail, 5 days from UK to the United States, while AmazonUK is stating it can take up to 2 monthsto ship. I popped this sucker into my very reliable and trusty unmodded PS3, and the picture is perfect. Plays like a charm, guess i will be spending some very enjoyable time with this set in OCT for the month long challenge this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: ahollis

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I finally received my set from Amazon 2 days ago I preordered back in March. I was starting to get worried but glad I received it. Its definitely an impressive monster of a set. I will start watching some films this 3 day weekend. I lost out on Arrows Django set. Amazon had it out for delivery and then within an hour of delivery it was suddenly marked undeliverable. So I was afraid I was going to loose out on this set too.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I received my set from Amazon.UK on 3 Sept. I paid $120.45 plus shipping for a total of $128.23.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
I hated to do it, but I went the e-bay route. It's clear I waited too long to pre-order with Amazon because while my order isn't formally cancelled, I just can't hold out any hope it will ever come through from them.

Tino

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Many of these Gamera films are on sale for only $2.99 on iTunes.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macoco