Gamecube suggestions for my wife?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Matty P, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Matty P

Matty P Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys, just picked up my Cube last weekend w/ Zelda for free...I plan on grabbing Eternal Darkness and maybe Metroid Prime for myself but need some suggestions for something a little more laid back for my wife...she has always been a nintendo fan and will probably get into Wind Waker after I finish it...she mentioned something along the lines of Luigi's Mansion, how is that game? Any other thoughts? Thanks!

2. Mark Hedges

Mark Hedges Second Unit

My girlfriend is addicted to The Sims - It is driving me crazy! You may want to give it a try

Mark

PS I think women like it because its the ultimate boss-everyone-around game ... [​IMG]

3. Matty P

Matty P Stunt Coordinator

Ahhh yes, a good suggestion but she's been hooked on the PC version for quite some time now...

4. Demetri K

Demetri K Stunt Coordinator

MY wife right now likes games like Sonic, and Mario. She will play a fighting game here and there but for the most part the gamecube is hers. At the moment I think she bought this game called veiwtiful joe. I watched her play it for like 5 mins. She loves that game. I think I will try it when she is finished.

5. Carlos Mendoza

Carlos Mendoza Stunt Coordinator

My kids and I worked through Luigi's Mansion when we first got our GCN. I would recommend it. It's light fare, not overly difficult, pretty funny at times, and you can save fairly often.

My wife rarely touches video games, which might be a good thing because when we got our first windows PC, she played Solitaire for hours on end. Occasionally we'll cajole her into a game of Mario Party 4, but not very often.

If you are looking into a decent platformer, check out Rayman3:Hoodlum Havoc. I thought it was hilarious.

6. Allen_Appel

Allen_Appel Second Unit

Get a Game Boy Player and the GBA game, Wario Ware. It's the only videogame my wife will play and she loves it.

7. Mark Hedges

Mark Hedges Second Unit

You may also want to give Pikmin a rent. I absolutely love the game, and I think it has more appeal for the fairer sex than most games.

Mark

8. Scott "E"

Scott "E" Second Unit

Animal Crossing

9. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

Animal Crossing is an obvious choice for your wife. Very laid back game, pick some weeds, decorate your house, talk to your neighbors, etc. If she wants something more arcade-like, Super Monkey Ball might fit the bill also.

10. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

Definitely Animal Crossing. So addicting....

11. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick Supporting Actor

Jason Merrick
    I second the Super Monkey Ball recommendation... 1 & 2 are both great and my wife loves to play them!

12. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

My girlfriend is still playing animal crossing like 7 months later. I could only play it through getting my loan paid off.