Suggestions for Games for my Wfie

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Raymond_H, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Raymond_H

Raymond_H Stunt Coordinator

Hello,

I am in need of some suggestions for good Multiplayer Games.

First, I own the following consoles :

Dreamcast.
    X-Box.
    Playstation 2.
    PC.

While I know some good multiplayer games are on the GameCube, at this time I cannot afford to shell out that kind of money, not yet anyway.

Now for perferences.

These are mainly for me and my wife to enjoy, together we currently play Dance Dance Revolution, and recently Outlaw Golf for the X-Box.

I want to have games that are easy and fun for her to learn.

DDR is good for us to enjoy, but Outlaw is running its course of boredom between us.

So Any suggestions for games that me and her can enjoy together.

Thanks.
    Ray

2. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    My girlfriend and I were have a good time playing Gauntlet Legends on the DC last night. It is cooperative play and up to four can play at once. It's terribly addicting.

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Frequency is another music type game, but its probably not the kind of music your wife would dig.

You could try getting an RPG (like FFX) and then you two could play it together, though I have yet to see two people effectively do this.

4. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

5. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    Tony Hawk 2x has an excellent multi player mode. My girlfriend, who has a PS2 @ home but has never even played an X Box is amazing. On her first day with the game she was pulling off combos that had me begging for mercy, not to mention a handicap.

6. Mike__D

Mike__D Supporting Actor

I highly suggest Virtual Tennis or the new 2K1 version. When it first came out 2 years ago, I was in on a shore house (beach house for non-jersey folks) w/ my friends, and all the females really liked playing that game. It's fun and extremely simply to play. Only 2 buttons are used... lob swing and regular swing. And the game can get highly comeptitive as well... it's good fun!

7. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Hot Shots Golf 3 for PS2. Its easy to play and my fiance actually likes to play it.

8. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Virtua Tennis is truly the greatest sports game ever created. You must get this for your Dreamcast.

Elsewhere, all the recommendations on the other currently running multiplayer thread are worth bearing in mind, but get Virtua Tennis (or the sequel) for definite.

9. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Get the Dead or Alive Volleyball game when it comes out. You know she'll just love that.

10. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Virtuatennis is a great party game... Very intense and fun in 4 player, especially when its a tie break and you're at a deuce [​IMG]
    Tennis2k2 is a bit more difficult (more realistic controls, easier to get out of bounds), but looks slightly better.
    If you have a BIG TV (or better yet, a projector with VGA Box), try Unreal Tournament. Me and my cousin played one on one, it was intense.

11. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    My wife hates video games. She didn't want me to get a PS2 but after reasoning with her a little she said I could. She thinks it will take all my attention away from her (which it will to a point) but I'm pretty good about sharing my attention with her too. Anyway, the only game she likes is tetris. Remember we used to play tetris for hours when we were kids on the gameboy? Well, I've been thinking about getting her tetris worlds. Maybe that's something to look into. Anyone have this game? How is it compared to the original tetris on gameboy?

12. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Don't Jeff - its broken. Tetris Worlds has a fundamental game flaw where you basically get as long as you like to slide the block around when its fallen, removing all challenge. The original Gameboy Tetris (or the colour remake) is far superior.

13. AlexGoodman

AlexGoodman Agent

I must say that Virtua Tennis and Tennis 2K2 are some of the most enjoyable and addictive games ever. Very easy to pick up and play and just fun party games.

14. Joey_R

Joey_R Stunt Coordinator

While not a long time gamer, I think Cel Damage is a great multiplayer game. Xbox is my first console. My wife and kids all enjoy it. A little difficult in the beginning, but simple to learn and progress. This title gets more play than any other game, including Halo.