What's new

Game of Thrones - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
New season is getting close. I better re-watch last season on blu-ray (an annual ritual).

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm in the middle of re-watching Season 6 on blu-ray, so this trailer hits at the right time. So many teases. Here's hoping it's as good as Season 6, which is among the best the show has ever been.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I don't remember it!

It was back in Season 3 episode 5 'Kissed by fire'. Arya and the Hound are captured by the brotherhood, and the Hound does combat with their leader, killing him. The leader is then resurrected buy the brotherhood red priest. During the combat, the leader lights his sword on fire, freaking out the Hound.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Titles and brief synopses of the first three episodes:
Episode #61: “Dragonstone” (July 16)
Jon (Kit Harington) organizes the defense of the North. Cersei (Lena Headey) tries to even the odds. Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) comes home.
Written for television by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Jeremy Podeswa.

Episode #62: “Stormborn” (July 23)
Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) receives an unexpected visitor. Jon (Kit Harington) faces a revolt. Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) plans the conquest of Westeros.
Written for television by Bryan Cogman; directed by Mark Mylod.

Episode #63: “The Queen’s Justice” (July 30)
Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) holds court. Cersei (Lena Headey) returns a gift. Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) learns from his mistakes.
Written for television by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Mark Mylod.[/SPOILER]

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Glad that it's back, they're certainly taking their time. It's a decent show, but I feel it's a bit over-hyped, like we're so privileged that they've chosen to film some new episodes and we're allowed to view them.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Glad that it's back, they're certainly taking their time. It's a decent show, but I feel it's a bit over-hyped, like we're so privileged that they've chosen to film some new episodes and we're allowed to view them.

I look at it a little differently, Stan. My thought is that I'm grateful that they are not cutting corners in a rush to put something out. I prefer they take as much time as they need to put out as best a product that they can.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
If there is any show that is NOT overhyped, it's Game Of Thrones.....imo.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Photos from 7x01:
got-s07-002c.jpg

got-s07-003c.jpg

got-s07-004c.jpg

got-s07-005c.jpg

got-s07-006c.jpg

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I'm a relative newbie to GoT. My wife and I borrowed the blu-rays of the first six season late last year and went through them over a few months. I like it a lot, but I sort of agree that it's a bit over hyped. As much as I do enjoy watching it when it's on, I really don't give it much thought in between viewings. My wife is actually the one who brought it up recently that it's coming back soon, and I had completely forgot of it's existence. I'm certainly not trying to crap on it, I DO like it more than the average show. I just feel like the people I know who've watched it for years and go CRAZY over it expect me to expound upon it's divine greatness with them just because I really like the Lord of the Rings. But anyways, we are going to watch the new season with enthusiasm. Luckily DirecTV offered us a few free months of HBO when we moved a few weeks ago, so we won't have to wait for someone we know who bought the Blu-ray.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Count me in as excited. It still transports you to a completely different place and existence than anything else on television.

Personally, I don't think Martin will ever finish the books. Here's a guy who labored all alone most of his life writing and typing those tomes, and now after all this time, at the ginger age of 70+ and in the twilight of his years... he's a frickin' rock star: wealthy, famous, praised everywhere, invited everywhere, celebrated. All the karma of that intense lonely work finally came to complete fruition and he's enjoying the accolades immensely. So who wants to go back into that lonely room and spend precious months or years slaving away again? And when HBO writers already finished the story for you. Just projecting as a writer here, but my bet's the next book may be the last one we see by him (and the final may be ghost-written based on his notes and outline - that's what James Michener did after his ship came in).

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
The showrunners are complete and utter hacks. Martin will finish the series, and it will be the definitive version of the story. DB Weiss and David Benioff can neither plan a story nor write a story on their own. Virtually every change or "adaptation" has been for the worse. If you want to talk about fame going to heads, look to Weiss and Benioff. Go back and watch the show from the beginning--there is a direct relation between the quality of the show and how close it cleaves to the books. It was all down hill from the abomination that was the "interpretation" of the Red Wedding.

My thoughts on this show have already been noted in previous threads, so I promise won't endlessly thread-crap on this season. Beyond the first two seasons, I'm not sure GoT has ever been the best fantasy or historical show on TV in a given year. Black Sails was better in every single way, including set design, sound design, editing, use of practical effects, lightning, cinematography, and directing, not to mention acting. Season one of Legion--which I'm lumping in with GoT as "fantasy"--was better than any single season of GoT; ditto for the Leftovers (though some may disagree in lumping it in with fantasy). So, too, with Westworld season one. Heck, I think the "Heaven Sent" episode of Doctor Who was better than any individual GoT episode.

The good news is A Song of Ice and Fire--even if it's never finished--will continue to exist. I'm glad the show is out there (and I'll continue to watch), and I wouldn't want to rob anyone of their enjoyment. That being said, outside of Peter Dinklage's performances and the costume design, I'm not sure I've seen a single thing from GoT that was Emmy worthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks