What's new

FX The Strain Season 1 (1 Viewer)

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
The season finale felt a bit cheap.
All of the sudden, "the master" can run around in sunlight?
I understand they have to give a reason to continue a second season, but they could have come up with something more creative.

I do like the idea of "good" vampires vs the "evil" vampires in a turf war. Something to look forward to next season.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Meh. I expected more. Nothing resolved; they just kicked the can down the road. I didn't expect any major resolutions since this is designed to go on for years, but I did expect something to happen in a season finale. Or at least some important revelations. It would have been okay if it was an episode that focused on character development instead of plot. But, no, it was ostensibly about moving the plot along. Yet, it didn't do that. Just one big long tease. I doubt I'll watch next year.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
JohnMor said:
Meh. I expected more. .... Just one big long tease. I doubt I'll watch next year.
I think maybe I'll just read the books and call it good enough.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I do have a problem with the way the Master looks, to me he looks like something that came out of Jim Henson's shop. Like a muppet.

The show is ok, entertaining enough fo me to keep watching.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
MarkMel said:
I do have a problem with the way the Master looks, to me he looks like something that came out of Jim Henson's shop. Like a muppet.
I agree. It didn't bother me at first, because the shots were relatively quick and I know it's a TV budget. But the longer they show him the more it takes me out of the story.

I'm glad I watched it, but I think I'm done.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
28394e20e4b143d7c3a6ded55655cdae.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks