What's new

Future Lord of the Rings plans? (1 Viewer)

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Alright, it's nearly August and I was wondering if anything official has been stated on new Lord of the Rings releases. There was talk of a DVD-A disc which never materialized as well as a boxed set apparently with more cuts from the score. Any new info?

DVD-A or SACD would be excellent, as well as a box set of the complete score. What I would personally love to see is a single/double disc set of nothing but concert arrangements of the themes. Every main theme presented in a fully-realized ~5 minute concert arrangement would be purchased in a second. Of course, Shore and the LSO would provide the aural experience.

I can dream, can't I?

mike.

Jonathan T.

Stunt Coordinator
any updates on this news? i want to pick up the soundtracks, but i will wait if this set is still coming.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
What about LOTR symphony? Your wish sounds a lot like that, doesn't it? That was performed on a number of occasions, but never released on disc AFAIK.
I'd also buy it in a heartbeat.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
As someone who was wanting full scores of these movies the first time around, I would also buy these in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks