What's new

Funny comments and questions you heard from kids during a particular movie (1 Viewer)

I had to share this because I almost died laughing when my 2 1/2 yr old niece made these comments over the weekend.

We were watching attack of the clones and when she saw yoda, she went "frog!". Then she saw Jester and went, "big frog."
When she saw Jar Jar, she asked, "What's wrong with this rabbit."

Then she saw a clip of Michael Jackson on the news and said, "monster!"

I know young ones at that age shouldn't be expose to so much movies they can't understand but I always enjoy their innocent view of what they see on TV. Have any funny ones you like to share?

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
While watching Little Man Tate, they are at the section where they ask the impossible questions. A kid in the audience yells out the answer and everyone stares at him dumbstruck. It turns out that he had seen the film earlier with a relative, but his parents were beaming for quite a while.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Then she saw a clip of Michael Jackson on the news and said, "monster!"
------------------------------------------------------------
You have a perceptive niece. She made four guesses trying to figure out what she was looking at and got one right. For a 2-1/2 year old, one outa four ain't bad! :D

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
Not funny, but when I saw "The Sixth Sense" in the theater, there was a kid in front of me that was talking to his parents during the closing credits. He was telling his parents that "sometimes, I see Grandma" like in the movie, like, Grandma's no longer with us. :eek:
JKS

Dimitri H

Auditioning
My 20-month old boy got up the other night and I happened to be watching U-571. In the scene where the Germans torpedoed the American Sub; the sub was sticking straight up in the air and beginning to slowly sink, with an oil fire and dying,screaming sailers in the water around it, and my son takes the bottle out of his mouth, starts waving, and says 'Byyyyyeeeeeee'!

...same planet...different world!

Brenton

Screenwriter
Not funny, but when I saw "The Sixth Sense" in the theater, there was a kid in front of me that was talking to his parents during the closing credits. He was telling his parents that "sometimes, I see Grandma" like in the movie, like, Grandma's no longer with us.
"Not funny"? Are you kidding? That's hilarious!

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
I was demoing my system to a friend using the Godzilla scene where Godzilla is chasing the helicoptors through NYC. My daughter (I think she was 5 at the time) says why don't the helicoptors just fly up? Obviously the script writers weren't as astute :)

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I remember seeing the first Terminator movie and someone had their 5 year old with them. :rolleyes:When Kyle and Sarah are making love in the motel before the final showdown the kid says: "I think he likes her.":D

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
No funny comments that I can remember right now, but it was kinda funny during Fantasia 2000 at the local IMAX. During one of the intro segments, an animated Mickey Mouse runs around looking for Donald Duck as he is supposed to be in the next sequence. You can hear Mickey in the rear speakers as he is looking for Donald. I swear every kid in the audience turned around to look for Mickey :)

Stevie O

Agent
My 8-year old son on seeing Senator Amidala in the "Fireside scene" in AOTC:

"She's not a 14 year old girl anymore"

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
While at a museum, I took my young 4-year-old niece to see Wild Adventures in California, an IMAX film that had a section on Walt Disney in which they showed a clip from Steamboat Willie. When Mickey Mouse first appeared on the screen piloting his steamboat, I would've expected her to say something like "Yea, it's Mickey Mouse!" or something similar.

Instead, she says, "That's stupid -- a mouse can't drive!"

Gabe Oppenheim

Stunt Coordinator
Ah, from the mouths of babes!

Actually, the funniest thing I ever heard in a movie theatre actually came from an adult. I went to a Christmas Day showing of State and Main and a man (a person I actually recognized from elsewhere), who had been talking throughout the movie, said, "I'm a bit confused!" near the end of the movie.

I started laughing very hard. The movie, while many things, was certainly not confusing.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I remember seeing the first Terminator movie and someone had their 5 year old with them. When Kyle and Sarah are making love in the motel before the final showdown the kid says: "I think he likes her."
Another comment that I heard third hand (ie, I heard it from someone who posted it here or on HTT) was that during the love scene in Gattica, some young kid in the theater yelled out "He's fu--ing that ho in the a$$." Wildly inappropriate and makes you wonder what great parents he must have, but still kind of funny.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
I remember years ago when I saw a cheapo screening of Batman Forever, this 8 year old asks, out loud, right out of nowhere: "What's a bat?"
Since then, it's mostly been kids yelling at the screen. Is it funny when a six year old keeps yelling "It's The Lion King! It's the Lion King! It's the Lion King! It's The Lion King! It's The Lion King! It's The Lion King! It's The Lion King!" at an IMAX screening of Beauty and the Beast? :angry:
Edit: The kid was yelling it during the trailer, not during the actual feature. Just thought I'd clarify. :)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
This is slightly off-topic, but once I showed my 2-year old niece a plastic Viking hat that I had won at a fair. She put it on and started singing "Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit!" like Elmer Fudd! I was laughing so hard I could hardly breathe.

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
My funniest theater comment was from an adult. During the trailer for Santa Clause 2, a 50ish year old woman behind me said, "Tim Allen has really let himself go." Still makes me laugh.

Another hilarious theater moment was when the woman next to me started to leave, but got her purse strap wrapped around the drink holder. She pulled at it like a rabid dog on a chain for a minute, till her boyfriend calmly unhooked it. It took everything I had to keep from cracking up in her face.

The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Jim FC

Stunt Coordinator
At the end of "Phantom Menace," when Darth Maul gets cut in half at the waist and both halves plummet into some sort of shaft, I overheard a 6ish-year-old kid exclaim, "He lost his pants!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks