Full bit rate Thin Red Line and Waterworld?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Courier, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Mark Courier

Mark Courier Auditioning

Is the Fox Classics Thin Red Line with both DTS and DD5.1 full bit rate? If it is not, where can I find a copy of the original DTS disk with full bit rate? Everywhere I look only has the Fox Classics. Also, How can I distinguish the present DTS Waterworld from the version coming out shortly to make sure I get the full bit rate disk? Is there a sku number I can compare?

Thank You,

Mark Courier

2. Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt Cinematographer

Adam
    The Thin Red Line includes a 'full' bit-rate (1509kbps) DTS soundtrack and a Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack. Fox didn't previously release a DTS-only version of this film; the initial version was Dolby Digital-only, so any DTS version you find will be full bit-rate.

I'm unaware of a re-release of Waterworld, although I believe the current disc's price is about to be lowered. If this is the case, then the disc will still have a full bit-rate DTS soundtrack (and no extras).

Adam

3. Mark Courier

Mark Courier Auditioning

Adam, you are right, the previous DTS Thin Red Line was DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1. It had a DTS logo on the top front of the package- the new package has something like Fox War Classics across the top half of the box. I was hoping this repackaged version would have the full bit rate as the previous version- however the sku numbers on the boxes are different so it makes me wonder.

4. Mark Courier

Mark Courier Auditioning

By the way, Adam, I useded to live in Timaru(I think that is how you spell it)N.Z. many years ago.

Mark

5. Mark Courier

Mark Courier Auditioning

Somebody must have some information on the Fox War Classics Thin Red Line- full bit rate or not!

6. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

The Fox War Classics "The Thin Red Line" is a repackage of the original Dolby Digital Enhanced Widscreen dts version of the film.
    The original release with just Dolby Digital English had a supplement section consisting of 11 Melanesian songs.
    Click here:
    http://us.imdb.com/DVD?0120863

7. Mark Courier

Mark Courier Auditioning

rutger_s,

Thanks for the info-I thought it was just repackaged but I wanted to be sure so I would have the full bit rate disk.

Mark Courier