What's new

Full bit rate Thin Red Line and Waterworld? (1 Viewer)

Mark Courier

Auditioning
Is the Fox Classics Thin Red Line with both DTS and DD5.1 full bit rate? If it is not, where can I find a copy of the original DTS disk with full bit rate? Everywhere I look only has the Fox Classics. Also, How can I distinguish the present DTS Waterworld from the version coming out shortly to make sure I get the full bit rate disk? Is there a sku number I can compare?

Thank You,

Mark Courier

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
The Thin Red Line includes a 'full' bit-rate (1509kbps) DTS soundtrack and a Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack. Fox didn't previously release a DTS-only version of this film; the initial version was Dolby Digital-only, so any DTS version you find will be full bit-rate.

I'm unaware of a re-release of Waterworld, although I believe the current disc's price is about to be lowered. If this is the case, then the disc will still have a full bit-rate DTS soundtrack (and no extras).

Adam

Mark Courier

Auditioning
Adam, you are right, the previous DTS Thin Red Line was DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1. It had a DTS logo on the top front of the package- the new package has something like Fox War Classics across the top half of the box. I was hoping this repackaged version would have the full bit rate as the previous version- however the sku numbers on the boxes are different so it makes me wonder.

Mark Courier

Auditioning
By the way, Adam, I useded to live in Timaru(I think that is how you spell it)N.Z. many years ago.

Mark

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
The Fox War Classics "The Thin Red Line" is a repackage of the original Dolby Digital Enhanced Widscreen dts version of the film.
The original release with just Dolby Digital English had a supplement section consisting of 11 Melanesian songs.
Click here:
Link Removed

Mark Courier

Auditioning
rutger_s,

Thanks for the info-I thought it was just repackaged but I wanted to be sure so I would have the full bit rate disk.

Mark Courier

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks