What's new

FS Lexicon DC-1, H/K PA-5800 (1 Viewer)

Costas

Grip
I'm putting up for sale one Lexicon DC-1 pre-pro, latest version 4.0 (DD-EX,DTS-ES,THX,7.1). This unit was one of the latest produced, and has the 24 bit DAC's. Excellent condition, with manuals, remote, and box. It's still an awesome unit today, especially with it's Logic7 decoding, which I prefer to the ES,Ex modes in 7.1.
Next, I have 2 Harman Kardon PA-5800 5 channel amplifiers for sale. One was bought new, the second a H/K refurb. Both work flawlessly, but the refurb has a slightly lighter color on the faceplate(the reason for the refurb from H/K?). These are conservatively rated at 80/wpc, but have been tested and reviewed to put out over 110 wpc simultaneously. They drove my Paradigm Mini-monitors without strain or hardness, a warm, and well dampened high-current design. All with original packaging.
I'm looking for $1600 for the 3 units plus shipping.
ALL SOLD!

Costas

Grip
The Lex for $1000, and the 5800's for $375 and $325(refurb)each, plus shipping from Montreal, Canada. I was bi-amping a pair of Paradigm Monitor 5's with 4 channels of one of the 5800's, with KimberKable 4TC cables, and the sound was great in stereo and even better with the Lex's Panorama processing. The second 5800 ran the rest of the 5 channels in 7.1 modes. I still think it spanks most 7.1 recievers in sound quality, that are also way more $.

Kevin_Breeze

Second Unit
What were you doing, bi-amping all 5 speakers? nevermind, I just saw your post above explaining it.

Anyhow, I'm interested in the amps if you'll come down in price...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks