HOT FS: Lexicon MC-1, Crown K1 and Kenwood 6x130w KM-Z1

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by erikk, Jul 30, 2002.

1. erikk

erikk Stunt Coordinator

For sale:

Lexicon MC-1: $2800 plus Shipping (obo)
    This unit has never been part of a trade-in program so can be used for any Lexicon upgrade offers. Has over a year left on its warranty and is in mint condition. I have 2 remotes for it (had an issue with remote not functioning that turned out to be a IR repeater blasting garbage no problem with MC-1). Never had a single problem with it.

Has all manuals and original receipt.

If sold in the NYC or DC area I will come over and set it up for you and calibrate it. Email me if interested but think price is too high.

Crown K-1: $800 plus shipping
    This unit is only 2-3 months old. Perfect condition, original box and all manuals etc included. Full warranty through SVS (how it was purchased).

Kenwood KM-Z1: $500 Plus Shipping
    This is a beast of an amp from back in the days of Dolby Prologic. It has come back to being a highly desirable amp with the introduction of 6 channel (DTS EX, etc). It is 135x2 or 130x6. It is basically 6 monoblocks in a single box. See Specs below

I got the opportunity for a SICK deal on the MC-12 and LX-7 directly from Lexicon but in order for me to be able to afford it I have to sell this stuff. The k-1 and Kenwood both have to sell or I need to keep both (not necessary to the same buyer). The MC-1 pricing might be somewhat negotiable but I have to make a certain amount in order to be able to afford the MC-12 (but please email me if you think the price is nutz and I won't get it). Also might be willing to throw in 2531pc with the MC-1 (shipping not included on that).

The worst part is I really need to know if I can do it by COB tomorrow. I realize I might end up not being able to do it but man I gotta try.

2. erikk

erikk Stunt Coordinator

KM-Z1 Specs:

Key Features * Home THX Certified * 125 Watts per Channel (6-Channel) * 140 Watts per Channel (6-Channel) Guaranteed
    Low-Impedance * Output at 6 Ohms General Features * Home THX Certified * 6-Channel Amplification * 125 Watts per Channel
    (6-Channel) at * 8 Ohms * 140 Watts per Channel (6-Channel) Guaranteed Low-Impedance Output at * 6 Ohms * Dynamic Power
    (EIA Standard Rating) * 135 + 135 Watts at 8 Ohms * 265 + 265 Watts at 4 Ohms * 450 + 450 Watts at 2 Ohms * Discrete
    Amplifier Circuitry * DB-25 Audio Connection for All Input Connections (cable not included) * Dual Power Supplies * 2-Speed
    Silent Cooling Fan with Brushless Motor * High Linearity Output Stage * Blue LED Indicators * Gold-Plated Inputs *
    Banana-Plug Compatible Speaker Connectors for all Channels * Remote Power On/Off (when used with Compatible Kenwood
    Controller or Receiver Continuous Rated Output Power (FTC)

Stereo: Left and Right channels 135 watts minimum RMS/channel, both channels driven at 8 Ohms from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with no more than 0.02% total harmonic distortion
    Surround: All channels 130 watts minimum RMS/channel, both channels driven at 8 Ohms from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with no more than 0.02% total harmonic distortion
    Surround: All channels 150 watts minimum RMS/channel, both channels driven at 6 Ohms from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with no more than 0.02% total harmonic distortion
    Damping Factor: 240 (50 Hz)
    Total Harmonic Distortion
    Surround: All channels 0.02 % (20–20 kHz, 130 watts, 8 Ohms) 0.001% (1 kHz, 65 watts, 8 Ohms)

Frequency Response:
    Surround: All channels 3 Hz–100 kHz, +0, –3dB
    Signal–to–Noise Ratio (IHF '66):
    Surround: All channels Greater–than–or–equal–to 125 dB
    Input Sensitivity/Impedance
    Surround: All channels 1.1 V/30 k–Ohm
    Power Consumption: 9 amps
    Dimensions

Width:
    Height:
    Depth:

17–5/16 inches (440 mm)
    6–1/4 inches (159 mm)
    17–11/16 inches (449 mm)

Net weight: 52.9 lbs (24 kgs)

3. erikk

erikk Stunt Coordinator

MC-1 price dropped

4. Phil Mays

Phil Mays Second Unit

ErikK,

The Kenwood amp looks like a pretty decent one. I looked the specs up on Kenwoods site and it seems pretty sweet.

How long have you had it?

5. erikk

erikk Stunt Coordinator

I've had it about 4 years but it wasn't being used for 2.