What's new

FS: JBL Studio Series 6-speakers setup (like new) (1 Viewer)

EdAngell

Stunt Coordinator
I am moving to a new house and the future wife won't let me take my "big, ugly" speakers. So, I am selling them to keep the peace.

Like new, less than 1 year old (I bought them last September) and have hardly even used them (less than 20 hours total):

2-pairs of JBL S-38IIs
2-JBL S-Center IIs

I still have the original boxes and stuff. Just add a subwoofer and you have a great 6.1 setup.

Price: $700 plus shipping

I live in Providence, RI and would be willing to drive to meet semi-local buyer for delivery if you want to save on shipping.

JeffTodd

Stunt Coordinator
Ed,

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Is there any way you would break up the set? I am interested in one of the S Center speakers.

Thanks,
Jeff

EdAngell

Stunt Coordinator
Well, if I did split it up it would leave me with a pair of S38II's. Any takers?

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
How much would you want for them? Keep in mind that J&R is currently selling them for $250/pair shipped.

Mark

EdAngell

Stunt Coordinator
Well, Mark, based on your Zip code the approximate shipping cost from Providence to Ithaca going UPS ground would be $19.64 (estimated it with weight of 56 lbs, carton size of 26x20x20---I'll have to verify dimensions tonight)

If we were to split the shipping cost at say $10 each I would be willing to let them go for $200 + $10 (you'd also be saving sales tax as a NY resident because J&R will charge it on your purchase).

Of course, the shipping to Jeff or Daniel will vary depending on their locations and the size and number of packages, but in light of J&R's pricing, ($170 for S-Center shipped, 250 for S-38IIs shipped) I would change the price as follows:

S38II's = $200 per pair plus shipping
Center = $125 plus shipping

If someone wants the whole set (all six speakers) I'll go $700 plus HALF the shipping (continental US only).

EdAngell

Stunt Coordinator
Well, it looks like there aren't many takers at full price, so here is the last offer I'll make on these:

Full set of 6 speakers for $650 plus shipping

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
I think the trouble is that there is kind of a glut of S38's on the market since Best Buy has recently stopped carrying them and are closing them out for really cheap. If you wait a couple of months they will probably be easier to sell.

EdAngell

Stunt Coordinator
Mark, did you ever end up getting yours?

I wonder if I should put these up on e-bay or maybe make an offer for trade for some in-walls (Polk or JBL). If she can't see them, she should let me have them I hope! :)

MarkMaximus

Stunt Coordinator
Bump for Ed, last I heard from him he is trying to get rid of some S-Center speakers for 125 plus shipping. If Ed could follow up this post with current state of affairs, that would be good. Just trying to get those speakers :D

-Mark-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks