What's new

FS - Genesis II speakers with new drivers (in CT) (1 Viewer)

JonahWicky

Stunt Coordinator
I have a pair of the legendary Genesis II floor standing speakers for sale. The asking price is $225 for the pair.

I recently bought a set of Axioms and have no use for these any more, although I really hate to part with them. Both 8" woofers and both 10" passive radiators have been replaced with original spec drivers from Human Speakers. The tweeters are the factory original inverted domes. The crossover components are also original, but all the internal wiring has been replaced with 16 gauge wire. I replaced the original spring clip connectors with 5-way binding posts, and added some internal bracing (as recommended on the Human Speakers site).

The boxes are walnut vinyl in pretty good condition. There are some scuffs and chips on the corners and edges, as you might expect from normal wear and tear over 25 years. Unfortunately, the Genesis emblems are missing from both grilles. I can email pictures if anyone wants more info.

These are awesome music speakers! They're rated for 100W at 8 ohms. Frequency response is 28 Hz - 20 KHz, so they work great without a sub.

I'd prefer to sell them locally because of the weight (about 40 lbs. each) and consequent shipping costs. If you're willing to pay for shipping, I will ship them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks