What's new

FS: DVDO iScan Ultra line doubler. (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
DVDO iScan Ultra Home Theater Video Processor. Unit is about 1 year old, and in very good condition. Comes with manual, remote, and power supply cable. I don't have the original box but the unit will be shipped double boxed.

Price tweak.

Asking $635.00 or best offer. Shipping is negotiable.

Below is a detailed description from the DVDO website:

MSRP $999
iScan Ultra Home Theater Video Processor

Ideal for Plasma Display Panels, DLP and LCD Projectors and other Progressive Scan displays State-of-the-art PureProgressive? Motion and Source Adaptive Video Processing Separate Picture Controls, individually programmable for each input Chroma Upsampling Error (CUE) Correction Filter removes MPEG decoder artifacts Full Aspect Ratio Control High performance full-frame Time Base Correction Advanced Source Transition Management for seamless video presentation of poor edits 12-bit video digital-to-analog converters (DACs), featuring 8X Chroma Oversampling and 4X Luma Oversampling @ 108MHz Multiple outputs, including Digital Visual Interface (DVI) all-digital RGB link Infrared remote control The iScan Ultra is the perfect "video hub" for the sophisticated home theater system. This unique video processor takes in video from seven different sources, including DVD players, Satellite TV receivers, Personal Video Recorders (such as TiVo and RePlay), VCRs, and Laserdisc Players. Standard NTSC and PAL video are converted into high-quality 480-line Progressive Scan video. High Definition sources (such as HDTV tuners and PC video outputs) can be connected as well though a high-bandwidth Passthrough input.

If interested, I also have a separate 20 foot long HD15(VGA/RGB) to RCA Component Video Cable ($79 usd new) for $40.00 USD extra or ($?) depending on final selling price for both.

$635.00 or best offer without the cable or make an offer for both.

PayPal prefered.

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Chris:

How much better is this one over the lesser Pro Model.

I'm thinking of buying one. I purchased a Hitachi Home 1.

I have PS2 - composite - Progressive Scan DVD player - component and Dishnetwork - coming......

Do you think this will help the PS2 - Satellite image on the Hitachi?

Why wouldn't I just buy the Pro model for $225?

Thanks

Mike

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
Mike,
The Ultra has DVI, HDTV passthrough, and more inputs than the Pro model-- making it a video hub above all. This unit also is remote-controlled-- so no more getting up to toggle the input switch.

And yes, it will definitely improve your satellite and PS2 images if you're using composite outputs. :)

(Sorry to intrude on your thread, Chris.)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
MikeRP,

I admit there isn't a massively huge difference between the Pro and the Ultra in terms of video quality, but I bought the Ultra to replace my Pro (which I sold) because of the Ultra's features and I can't go back (I bought TWO iScan Ultra's, one from the US and then the instant I paid for that one, I found one within driving distance so I snapped that one up. I'm now selling the one from the US but its still in Rochester, NY waiting for me. I figure selling it to someone in the US is a logical first option). I'll email you but the main things I appreciate are:

1) Full letterboxing of non-anamorphic
2) Remote control
3) Video de-interlacing and video quality better than my previous iScan Pro

Will it help your picture with your sat and PS2? I suppose it could because of the Time Based Correction (TBC) in the SiI504 chip. TBC is a decent method of noise reduction. Its left on all the time with the SiI504 chip and it seems fine on the DVD's I viewed, meaing if its not needed, it doesn't interefere. I watched a rather lackluster VHS tape with my mom and dad and the Ultra helped make it more watchable than the Pro did.

Here are the main differences that the Ultra has which the Pro does not:

1) Inputs: The Ultra has 7 inputs vs 3 on the Pro. Thats 2 each of composite, S-video and component and 1 VGA analog (HD15) passthrough. All inputs are accessable through a simple button on the remote, so the Ultra is an efficient remote controlled video hub/switcher.
2) Outputs: 1 Analog RGB (VGA) output and one DVI. Pro only has 1 analog VGA.
3) De-interlacer is their most recent design, the SiI504 in the Ultra vs the SiI503 in the Pro.
4) Full Frame Squeeze (horizontal) and Letterbox modes (stretches vertical). The Pro doesn't have the vertical stretch. With the Pro, you can watch 4:3 fine squeezed horizontally, but non-anamorphic material with the Pro can't be "zoomed" to fill the screen like the Ultra can. Thats what the Letterbox "FULL" mode (vertical stretch) does for me. This is one of the main reasons I bought the Ultra and it works flawlessly. Any non-anamorphic material now fills my screen perfectly.
5) 12 bit DAC in the Ultra vs 10 bit DAC in the Pro.

The Ultra also has these features which the Pro does not:

6)Time Base Correction (cleans up noisey signals, ie videotape and TV)
7) Chroma Upsampling Error Correction
8) Remote Control with Discreet Codes
9) Rackmount Option

Here's the website link showing all the differences:

http://www.dvdo.com/pro/pro_cf.html

NathanR,

No sweat.

All HTF thread viewers......

Make an offer if interested. I'm kinda hoping to sell this sooner than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks