What's new
World Wide Stereo

FS: Custom 12" DVC diy SUB XBL2 (1 Viewer)

bruin

Second Unit
http://www.pbase.com/bruin/bl2_driver
I got this 12" DVC sub from someone on this forum. This is awesome and ear shattering. Too much for me. I'd like to get $225 obo for the driver or $350 for the sub. Compares to the 12" Brahma and its technology. It's in excellent condition.

Recommendations:
For home use:
Low Q Sealed music design => 2.5ft (~70L).
Ported: 3cuft tuned to 20hz.

For car:
Sealed stuffed: 0.7 to 1.5 cuft
Ported: 1.5 to 2.5 cubic feet tuned to 30 Hz.

This can handle up to 800w RMS (I only feed the other sub with 350w with a Rythmic Amp). In comparison to AV12, this driver has just slightly less Vd than the AV-12 (rated at 2.3Lea using the correct xmax in the calculation) but they do not have the power handing or linearity of this sub. The AV12 uses a conventional motor and this sub uses a very comparable motor to XBL2 for measurably more linearity. This driver has the extra cooling below the spider. This allows the coil to cool a little better on the upstroke.

If you want more in depth information I will forward your inquiry to the proper person.

Dimensions:
Cutout: 11.13"
Diameter: 12.5" ,Depth 7.3"
4ohm nominal, 3.04 ohm measured w/ DCR.

If you want to audition the sub or pick it up locally to save on shipping you can email me to arrange an appointment. I prefer local pickup. I'm in the Northridge area. If you want the driver shipped be aware it is about 40lbs so check out UPS.com for rates. I only have a 350W@4ohm amp to drive the sub but if you have an amp that you want to test it with you can bring it in. Thanks

728x90

Nathan J

Stunt Coordinator
Where did you get that sub?

It looks rather familiar......Perhaps a Better Audio sub?

bruin

Second Unit
Nathan I got it from this forum. It was custom built. The person had two of them and wanted to upgrade so I bought two and discovered that I really only need 1 because 2 really put out LOTS of GREAT bass.

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
Bruin,
Just thought you might be interested that there is a big discussion of exactly what type of subwoofer yours is at caraudioforum.com - based on your ebay ad.
Andrew

bruin

Second Unit
I just found the thread http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...5&pagenumber=4

It's a great read all in all. I never knew it would have all this skepticism. Can anyone who has a caraudioforum account post something like "the seller would like to insist that someone AUDITION the driver. all the skepticism can be ended and people can accept the driver for what it is."

To put it simply, it's a custom built sub.

It is totally my fault for including Adire's links and saying that its parameters are, to the hundredths, the same. I've tried reposting the listing several times so that I would not be infringing copyrights. My apologies to Adire. I just wanted to have something to compare the driver to and was naive in my first few attempts.

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
I have an account and I'll link to this page or copy and paste your last reply.
I wouldn't worry about them questioning your legitimacy, I mean, after all, you've even offered to audition the driver to any potential buyer.
And that whole Adire thing, coulda happened to anyone :)
Andrew

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, I can comment on this sub. I know the guy he bought it from and have heard it first hand. This is one bad mother. It can do all what bruin says it can do and alot more. It is a close comparison to the 12" brahma but goes one step farther, and for the money I would take this one instead.

bruin

Second Unit
Andrew or Nathan, can one of you post this in caraudioforum please? thank you

"An update from the seller: After some clarification from the proper sources, I can now legally say that this driver is a prototype driver made by Destijl. Since it is a prototype it does not need licensing. However, the person I obtained this driver from is in the process of registering to become a licensee (ancillary) so that this driver, in the immediate future, can be labeled as having an XBL2 motor. But until then this driver uses a "comparable" motor. I will provide updates on my ebay ad to confirm this. Sorry for all the confusion and I hope this new information clarifies the driver's authenticity."

bruin

Second Unit
Updated prices in the first post!

$225 for the driver or $350 for the sub

I am considering trading both subs for 1 SVS PB1-ISD. I need the space.

Yousaf

Second Unit
Man...where were you 7 weeks ago? :)

Anyway, now I can only speak out of curiosity and not genuine interest, but do you think you could give the dimensions on that sub?

bruin

Second Unit
Hi Yousaf,

I've been trying to sell these subs since last year and thought of reviving the thread. Anyhow the dimensions are:

28"H x 14.5"W x 17"D, total weight is close to 100lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks