What's new

FS: Audioquest Granite Speaker Cables. 8ft pair and 6 ft single (1 Viewer)

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
These are only 6 months old. My set up has caused a need to change speaker wire length. Great deal on a top notch speaker wire. They terminated with banana plugs all the way around. Originally, $560. I'll sell for $225, plus shipping.

Audioquest Granite speaker cable uses the same advanced twin helical design as Bedrock speaker cable, dramatically improving imaging by physically separating the arrayed cable pairs. The difference is the conductor material. Conductors are 12 gauge PSC Pure Surface Copper for maximum signal transfer and vanishingly low levels of distortion.

Solid Conductor Design
All eight of Granite's conductors are solid. Electrical and magnetic interaction between strands in a conventional cable is the single greatest source of distortion, often causing a somewhat harsh, dirty, and confused sound. Solid conductors are the most important ingredients of Granite's very clear sound. Whether a conductor is solid or stranded, skin-effect is a prime distortion mechanism in speaker cables. Granite keeps this effect out of the audio range by using conductor sizes that are below the threshold for audible distortion.

Special SST Technology
SST stands for Spread Spectrum Technology, an AudioQuest cable innovation. Any single size or shape of conductor has a specific distortion profile. SST significantly reduces distortion by using a precise combination of different size conductors. The four different SST-determined conductor sizes used in Granite allow an exceptionally clear, clean, and dynamic sound.

Granite's PSC (Perfect Surface Copper) copper conductors offer an astonishingly smooth and pure surface for maximum signal transfer. Proprietary metal processing technology protects the wire's surface at every stage of drawing and fabrication. When high-purity low-oxide copper is kept as soft, pure, and smooth as possible, it becomes a wonderfully low distortion conductor, outperforming metals that cost over ten times as much.

Dual Spiral Construction
The dual spiral construction of Granite allows for significantly better dynamic contrast and information intelligibility than if the same conductors were run in parallel. The specific 4-cross geometry used in each half of Granite maximizes this advantage.

The four negative conductors in Granite are insulated with partially conductive carbon-loaded polyethylene. This remarkable material damps radio-frequency garbage from being fed back into the amplifier. The sonic benefit is exactly the same reduction in hash and better dimensionality that comes whenever RF interference is reduced in an audio circuit.

You can reach me at [email protected] I'll accept MO or paypal. Long time member here and audiogon (rboster).

Ron Boster

http://www.greenaudioth.com/audioques/granite.html

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
I have had several requests for pics. Sorry that I don't have a digital camera. These cables look new and after 6 months, they are now broken-in for a very neutral sound.

Ron

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Lowered Price to $195.00 to move today

The cables have been sold pending payment. Thanks for everyone's interest.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks