What's new

FS: ANTHEM AVM 20 (SILVER) (1 Viewer)

Michael_V

Second Unit
Excellent condition! Sounds amazing!

Version 1.12 so never did get the DSP board upgrade, which costs $300. I can have my local service center do it and increase the price accordingly or sell it without for $800 + shipping. Original books and remote. Hate it let it go but time to upgrade. Email [email protected] with questions!

Michael_V

Second Unit
Wow, no replies! What is it? Wrong price or wrong product? It is a beautiful piece of equipment: DD5.1/DTS/PL II, THX, three zones, XLR inputs, amazing customizability. Thought this would be a good price as it originally went for $3K. Am I wrong???

Girish

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
girish
The problem with these high end processors is when they are outdated they are not worth much( I myself own a Proceed PAV/PDSD,). They are excellent products for someone who still can live with 5.1 and has no issues with video switching.
Try on ebay.

Michael_V

Second Unit
Well, I am on the fence but don't think I want to drop another $2600 + 1 month wait + shipping to Canada to upgrade my AVM 20v1 to the AVM 20v3 (AVM 50) and so will likely go with the Integra DTC 9.8 if I can find one.

Maybe I will move the Anthem into my bedroom for now.

A pox upon advancing technology!

Thanks all!

Michael_V

Second Unit
Kabir,

Anthem came out with a new chip for the AVM 20 (Motorola, I believe) that adds ES/EX and some other capability to the already excellent DTS and DD5.1 decoding. Also allows you to upload the newest firmware. Cost for the upgrade is $300 and can be done at your local Anthem service center. I am considering just doing that and enjoying the Anthem a bit longer....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks