What's new

FS: Ah! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CD player with tube upgrade. (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Hello,

I am looking to sell an Ah! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 single-disc CD player. In case you are not aware, the Ah! is a Marantz CD4000 that has been modified with a tube analog output stage by a company in the Netherlands. The exclusive US distributor for the Ah! is Upscale Audio (go to www.upscaleaudio.com for more information). I paid $579 for the player in stock form (with two pairs of stock Philips 6922 tubes) in April 2001. The player has seen light use over the two years. In August 2001, I upgraded the tubes to the Siemens 7308, which is a far more revealing tube. I paid $60 for a matched pair of the Siemens 7308 from Upscale Audio.

The Ah! is readily upgraded in a number of fashions, so the player I am selling is not a "dead-end" machine, so to speak. Upscale Audio sells an upgraded power cord as well as an upsampling DAC that is readily installed for upsampling to 24/192. The Ah! has gold-plated stereo analog outputs and a gold-plated coaxial digital output (note that using the digital output bypasses the tube stage).

The player comes complete with the original box, owner's manual, remote, one pair of Siemens 7308 tubes, two pairs of Philips 6922 tubes, and tube dampers (look like rubber O-rings). While I invested $639 in this player ($579 for the stock player and $60 for the Siemens 7308 tubes), I am looking for $450 delivered. If you live in or near Delaware and can arrange to pick up the player, the price is $425. I will ship the player double-boxed. Payment by PayPal is fine. Send me a PM if interested. Thanks in advance!

Keith

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Say it ain't so, Keith. You're pulling our legs, right? Is the 3800 purchase prompting you to get rid of this? You'll be sorry when I post my upsampling board review next month. [Actually, I have the board on order, so I'm anticipating a positive improvement.]

You're married now, I bet. :)

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks