What's new

Frozen 3D Bungle?! (2 Viewers)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Todd Erwin said:
As of the time I wrote that, yes, I was sure. It has since been reposted with a higher price, different cover and different configuration. My cancellation e-mail, and many others, included a promo code allowing the original price to be honored on the new set.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Johnny Angell said:
When you get in that support group you will have to acknowledge a higher power: The Studio Home Entertainment Divisions. :)
I'm more concerned about the higher power to whom they have to answer.

Mau5Trap98

Auditioning
Real Name
Caleb Plumb
The picture is not showing up on mine so I will just tell you that it says "Thank you for your email. We value your interest in Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment!No release date has been set for the 3D Blu-ray of Frozen. We are happy to share your movie request with the rest of our team. Your feedback helps us build a better experience for all of our guests and it is truly appreciated! "

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Pure speculation on my part, but perhaps Disney's reading of the tea leaves leads them to think the 3D Blu-ray market is no longer a viable one in the U.S.
Well, most likely it won't be viable at the PRICES they've been charging! I would have bought Little Mermaid in 3D but it's just been priced too high so far. I got lucky and snagged a new copy of Oz on Ebay for under $20, but definitely wouldn't have paid $30+ for that either. Haven't bought Iron Man 3 either since nobody seems to have that for under $35- this is like going back to laserdisc pricing!

Lionsgate meanwhile has the right idea for 3D- they aren't putting out any separate 3D editions, so if you want Dredd, Step Up Revolution or Texas Chainsaw, you have to buy them with 3D included or not at all, AND they aren't pricing them any higher than their regular movies. In fact, they've been spotted at around $10 at some stores. Lionsgate is a much smaller company than Di$ney too, so if they can afford to do this why can't Disney?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Disney has long viewed home video as a cash cow, and has priced their titles as high as the market will bear, only heavily discounting when faced with excessive inventory, like The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Prince of Persia, John Carter, and soon The Lone Ranger.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Paranoia has motivated this company's business decisions for years. Why did the Alan Menken-era animated films not come to laserdisc until a year after their VHS counterparts? Because a VHS copy of a laserdisc, as long as it was recorded at SP speed, could look as good or even a little better than a commercially released VHS. They deliberately held back on the laserdiscs to deter pirates (this from a studio with a theme park ride and a film franchise glorifying pirates?). The clerks at Suncoast told me so back in the day when I asked. Damn you, Charles Mintz!

Ten years ago, they thought the market could bear $20 MSRPs on substandard presentations of films like The Million Dollar Duck, a film listed in Roger Ebert's book "I Hated, Hated HATED This Movie," yet Disney called it "The Original Film Classic" on the box. If you're going to pretend a mediocre film is a classic, at least treat it like one.Now people are complaining about their Blu-rays being too expensive and what is their response? Make fans of Oz: The Great and Powerful choose between the 3-D version or extras, then ditch the 3-D version altogether on the biggest theatrical hit they've had in 20 years! This needs to change if they want to keep their customers.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Different divisions of a large corporation like Disney are led by different people. Many parts of the Disney company are running extremely well right now, with division heads and teams making good choices. So I don't think it's fair to disparage the entire company for some (really bad) poor choices by the home video division.

Greg_D_R

Stunt Coordinator
Mau5Trap98 said:
Just got this so it makes it sound like it is indeed coming out they just do not have release date yet!!! :)
Caleb, no offense, but it does not sound like that at all.
Mau5Trap98 said:
"Thank you for your email. We value your interest in Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment!No release date has been set for the 3D Blu-ray of Frozen. We are happy to share your movie request with the rest of our team. Your feedback helps us build a better experience for all of our guests and it is truly appreciated! "
That is the smoke-blowingest, most non-commital piece of corporate speak I've seen this week, and everyone else is too nice to say it. Nothing against you, just recognize a blowoff response when you see it. I do still have some hope that the UK 3D release might happen, but I'll believe it when it ships.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
$28.68 - Frozen Two-Disc Blu-ray / DVD + Digital Copy on Amazon including shipping and taxes to US
$29.80 - Frozen Two Disc Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free] on Amazon UK including shipping to US

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
RolandL said:
$28.68 - Frozen Two-Disc Blu-ray / DVD + Digital Copy on Amazon including shipping and taxes to US
$29.80 - Frozen Two Disc Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free] on Amazon UK including shipping to US
The US version is $22.99

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I received an email saying the UK 3D BD will ship sometime in April.

Meanwhile, the UK Blu-ray of 101 Dalmatians was a revelation. I was in awe of the fact that the pencil lines were kept in, and it didn't have that digitally-smeared look of The Sword in the Stone. So what's their excuse for that one now?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
MatthewA said:
I received an email saying the UK 3D BD will ship sometime in April.

Meanwhile, the UK Blu-ray of 101 Dalmatians was a revelation. I was in awe of the fact that the pencil lines were kept in, and it didn't have that digitally-smeared look of The Sword in the Stone. So what's their excuse for that one now?
For which one?

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Adam Gregorich said:
Looks like I will be ordering the UK 3D version.
Pre-ordered it late last week along with 101 DALMATIANS, which came on Weds. From the UK. Screen Archives and TCM, please take a page out of Amazon.co.uk's book.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks