What's new

Too Late For Tears (1949) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

135896_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
It'll have to get below half the SRP for me. If they had made it a double feature with both their upcoming noir titles, I would have bought it. But the supplements on these aren't worth paying extra for.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Robert Crawford said:
I'll be purchasing this title at the right price.

I can't imagine anyone will find $39.95 the right price! And some people still complain about Twilight Time prices! :D

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Currently, the Flicker Alley website has TOO LATE FOR TEARS for pre-order at $24.99, along with WOMAN ON THE RUN. Both titles were restored from the best existing 35mm prints (as the original negatives are long gone) by the Film Noir Foundation in conjunction with UCLA. I believe they also worked on CRY DANGER, THE PROWLER & PITFALL.(which were released through other home video companies.) According to Flicker Alley's press release, they have now partnered with Eddie Muller's Film Noir Foundation,. I pre-ordered from the Flicker Alley site as I want to support the work they are doing.

ValLewton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Renskoff
I've seen both of these restorations screened and they are stunning. Very excited for these 2 releases.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
lark144 said:
Currently, the Flicker Alley website has TOO LATE FOR TEARS for pre-order at $24.99, along with WOMAN ON THE RUN.
I'm seeing $29.95 each pre-order price on their site.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Yes, My mistake. I paid $29.95. I was having a senior moment.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
The Amazon price will come down. If these were laserdiscs, that's what you'd be paying, and you wouldn't even think to comment.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Bob Cashill said:
The Amazon price will come down. If these were laserdiscs, that's what you'd be paying, and you wouldn't even think to comment.
Yup! Just have to be patient.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Yes, buy from their site. Amazon always marks up their product by at least $10

Bob Cashill said:

It's just better to buy from Flicker Alley's website. The Amazon prices go down, sure, but they are almost never better than the prices offered on their website and it generally takes them a year to match it. By then, you could take advantage of the occasional 10% off coupon Flicker Alley offers every now and then.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
From an International point of view, Amazon is the best choice due to the international Shipping Flicker charges. Network in UK often falls into the same category with their international charges. Having said that I have purchased a couple of times from Flicker direct and recent times it was for a Free box set with a new release that was well worth it. Unfortunately we are also suffering a large fall in my countries dollar against the US and other popular currencies.the last year or too. Not healthy when one is now on a limited government pension and now only one income coming into the house.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
moviepas said:
From an International point of view, Amazon is the best choice due to the international Shipping Flicker charges. Network in UK often falls into the same category with their international charges. Having said that I have purchased a couple of times from Flicker direct and recent times it was for a Free box set with a new release that was well worth it. Unfortunately we are also suffering a large fall in my countries dollar against the US and other popular currencies.the last year or too. Not healthy when one is now on a limited government pension and now only one income coming into the house.

Good point. I was speaking domestically.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I pre-ordered both Too Late for Tears and Woman on the Run with Flicker Alley. Lizabeth Scott and Ann Sheridan in Blu-ray. Can't wait!

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
JoHud said:
Yes, buy from their site. Amazon always marks up their product by at least $10

It's just better to buy from Flicker Alley's website. The Amazon prices go down, sure, but they are almost never better than the prices offered on their website and it generally takes them a year to match it. By then, you could take advantage of the occasional 10% off coupon Flicker Alley offers every now and then.
Not true at all..For pre-orders : Kino titles start at 29.95 and wind up at 15.99 on Amazon by the time the release date comes out. Criterion titles start at 39.99 and wind up at 27.99 ...

Amazon will likely match the FA price, but FA will ship sooner as some labels do they if you are ordering directly from them :)

Hollywodland

Agent
Real Name
Al
I much rather see that BDs are very expensive then not have them at all... If they are done the WAC way, that means as perfect as possible at the moment, i have absolutely no problem with any price...

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
David Steigman said:
Not true at all..For pre-orders : Kino titles start at 29.95 and wind up at 15.99 on Amazon by the time the release date comes out. Criterion titles start at 39.99 and wind up at 27.99 ...

Amazon will likely match the FA price, but FA will ship sooner as some labels do they if you are ordering directly from them :)

I'm talking abut Flicker Alley blu-rays specifically. The other labels, I agree are generally better to buy from Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks