What's new

'Friends' Reunion Special in November (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
It's not even over and they're already planning a reunion. Yeah, maybe filming has wrapped, but still...:rolleyes

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Pretty ridiculous. NBC really wants to milk this thing to the last drop. I'm guessing "Joey" will have its fair share of ex-Friends as guest stars too... especially if it doesn't do too well.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure what to think, on the 1 hand it makes sense to do it while they have the opportunity to get them all together, but on the other hand like someone said it hasn't left yet and they're talking reunion?

Lets start a pool, if Joey doesn't start off well...how soon before they have 1 of the Friends as a guest star, and which 1 will guest star first.

My pick is that if it doesn't do well, you will see Chandler appear during February sweeps.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Terrible to have a reunion show so soon.

I'm wondering though, if this wouldn't be a "reunion" episode as much as everyone sitting around and talking about "their favorite moments" for 90 minutes (yawn)

Hey, considing NBC's programming holes next year, if they can grab 90 minutes here and there, they might as well.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I dont see Joey doing well but we will see wont we.
I wouldnt be surprised, like someone else suggested, that we will have a guest star or two before next season is up.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member

The same thing was said about Frasier. As long as the writing is good and they get a good supporting cast, I have faith in the show.

My idea would be to have Joey move to LA to star in a soap (possibly reuniting with Dina Meyer) or a cop show. They could have a show within a show ala Larry Sanders.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I think that's basically the plan - Joey moves to LA. Now, what would be hilarious would be if he were cast in a comedy about a group of friends.

Well, hilarious for a couple weeks (especially if he were playing the "Ross" role or something).

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Right, have him star in a show called BUDDIES, and Joey not understanding the humor at all! And they should forgo the studio audience, ala Arrested Development, so Joey could really get out there in the Hollywood community.

Or not! :D

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I totally agree with this, Joey the show has the same advantage Frasier did, an identifiable character even before episode 1 airs. Plus, there will be a lot of people that watch just because of the tie-in to Friends, I'm not saying it will be a sure hit but I give it a reasonable shot.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
One difference though; Frasier had an inbuilt angle that provided the potential for tons of humor: he was a miserably depressed psycho therapist. Which, they turned into a good bit with on the air..

Joey is a bit part actor..

It just doesn't seem to me like there is the same opportunity for open humor there.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Joey is still Drake Ramoray, sort of. He was in a coma but is now awake due to a brain transplant from Jessica Lockhart (Susan Sarandon) who died in a horse riding accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks