What's new

Frequency2 ... is now Amplitude (1 Viewer)

paul h

Supporting Actor
Great news if, like me, you loved Frequency!

Harmonix is now hard at work on Amplitude, a sequel to our previous game, FreQuency. Amplitude will be published by Sony Computer Entertainment America for the PlayStation2 video game console. Look for it on store shelves in March 2003.

Amplitude will feature the same insanely addictive gameplay as its predecessor (dubbed"digital crack"
by IGN), with stunning new graphics and the following new features:

Over 25 levels based on songs by a line-up of kick-ass rock, rap, and electronica artists, including David Bowie, Weezer, Garbage, Quarashi, Logan 7 and many more.
Integrated online play. Up to 4 players can go head-to-head in high-adrenaline network matches.
A customizable 3D avatar system, so you can represent your personal style online.
A new game mode, Duel, which pits two players against each other in a grueling fusion of creativity and competition.
Turn down the lights, turn up the bass, and strap yourself in. Amplitude will blow your speakers and blow your mind.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
I saw some info on this over at Edge, and its looking good. The Garbage track is Cherry Lips, which is really good news. I'm not sure if I approve of the switch to 'flat' tracks rather than the tunnel, however.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I really can't wait for this one. I need to get back into Frequency and play that more.
:)
Glen

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait. Frequency is probably the game I have the most hours logged on to in my entire collection, going back to the NES games.

I don't like the flat tracks, either, but we'll see how it works out. Maybe they'll allow you to play levels with classic-style tracks?

Anyone know a list of the songs that will be in the game?

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Can't wait.

I still suck at the final level of Frequency though.

-Dave

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Heh, it's tough to watch the movie without tapping your fingers to the game beats. :)
How come they never ported this to PC? It seems like a natural fit.
-Dave

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Man, I cannot wait!

I wonder if they'll include the first game's songs as a bonus or allow them to be unlocked. That would be really cool.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Started playing Frequency again. Now I can't wait for Amplitude.

I wonder if they'll release a compilation CD of the songs from the game(s).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks