French 2 disc Peter Pan coming soon!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Reader, Jan 21, 2003.

1. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

Does anyone have any information on this... is it a proper 2 disc disney collectors set, or is it just the single disc spread over 2 discs (like the French often do).

I see the box sports DTS!

http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000089QLE/

2. James Reader

3. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

...this PP single disc (a DVD-9 including bonus features) has been available since January 2002...

...and anyway: "DTS" (which, btw, with 99.97903% certainty would be the French soundtrack) for a genuine mono movie from 1953...?... oh, wow...!... ...cain't hardly wait none, nohow... zzzz...

. . . [​IMG] . . .

4. James Reader

Hendrik, I know the DTS will be French - I have the French Sleeping Beauty 2 disc set (and the English 1 & 2 disc releases).

I'm not too thrilled about DTS either really. I hope English Mono will be included but I doubt it. I mentioned the DTS track as I was certain this differentiated it from the US and UK single disc release.

If the set is a true disney 2 disc set it raises some questions: namely how can producing a full 2 disc set for France be economical while Disney insists doing 2 disc sets for the US is not? (And if the disc is anything like the French Sleeping Beauty release, the second disc will just be for the French market).

Anyhow I'll happily snap it up, just for the galleries which are found on Disney's animated 2 disc sets. They really are my favorite DVD supplements... ever!

5. James Reader

Here's the specs of the second disc: