What's new

FREE AIRLINE TICKETS..no kidding (1 Viewer)

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
Spirit Airlines is offering FREE airline tickets for Sept. 11.
I opted to fly to San Juan, PR for free. Got the tickets an hour ago. Confirmed and everything.
As of about an hour ago the tickets were not sold out. This is for ANY of thier flights, to ANY of the cities they serve.
It says on one of the sites I read that you have to order from the Spirit Airlines site directly, but i did not. I called my University STA Travel Center, and they hooked me up for just a $15 fee.
And YES, you can fly to and from on the same day if you'd like.
Here's one of the articles:
http://www.msnbc.com/news/790934.asp

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Actually, if I was running SPIRIT Airlines I would charge more on 9/11 ... as there is no way in hell that terrorists would ever cause trouble aboard a SPIRIT jet.

All the Major Airlines should be giving away free tickets that day.

Just my opinion ...

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think you could pay me to fly on September 11.
Mike,

In reality, that's probably the safest day to fly! With reduced loads and increased media attention, the security procedures will probably be a huge PITA. I'm flying on 9/11 without a second thought.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Wow, someone at Spirit Airlines is thinking...

I've never heard of the airline (are they a local?) but they're getting national media coverage on this for the price of a few free tickets. Even if they're not now, I'm sure that come Sept 11, all of the national news broadcasts will run a piece on the airline giving away free tickets, meaning that the name Spirit airlines is going to get out there. It's also a little contreversial, so it'll get people talking-and if you believe that no publicity is bad publicity, just having people know the name is a plus.

I can't see the major airlines doing anything like this, but it's a great move for one of the little guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks