What's new

Frasier: Season 11 (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...4328&n=1&burl=

I'm confused. When did Paramount release 10 seasons of this show? I'm not a fan at all, but I keep a close eye on all DVD releases and have no idea when Paramount squeezed all 10 seasons out... It took Fox about 4 years to release 9 seasons of The X-Files, all of which I have. This must be a record!

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I see. Well that doesn't make very much sense. Why would they think this will sell better? People have just seen this season. I'm sure they'd much rather buy an earlier season, to see all episodes in order.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I have no use for a Frasier S11 until Frasier S10 is on my shelf.

Until then, it can stay at the store.

I'd much rather have S4, episodes I haven't seen for a while, than have a set of the episodes I just watched last season. :rolleyes

Terry H

Second Unit

I agree completely. I bought Frasier 1-3 but have no intention of buying Season 11. Same goes for Law and Order...

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Although, I'm not overly thrilled with the route Paramount is taking, I will still pick this up with the hopes that they will eventually backtrack and release 4 through 10. Season 11 actually contains one of my favourite episodes where Laurie Metcalf plays a character by the name of Nanny G. I couldn't stop laughing at that one.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I personally don't mind this move, as long as they continue to release the rest of the seasons in order.

On another note, I wonder if this Frasier set will include the clip show episode with Fred Willard that preceded the finale. I usually don't like clip shows, but this one was pretty well done.

. :D

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Remember: You Are Not A Representative Sample; what seems obvious to you may not apply to the market at large.

Look at it this way - Frasier Season 11, much like the Universal Law & Order releases, can be considered a New Release. Studios have, at least on the feature side, found it useful to release movies on home video while they are still fresh in the audience's memory. Now, they're applying the same logic to their television product, while simultaneously releasing the back catalog in chronological order.

From an archival perspective, it doesn't necessarily make immediate sense, but look at it this way: DC Comics recently ran a popular story called "Hush" for a year in Batman. Should they issue a collected edition of that, while it's still fresh in peoples' minds, or wait until they're reprinted sixty-five years of Batman comics? That's basically what Paramount is doing here.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I bought the set today and watched the first episode. I have to say for someone like me who has seen only season 1 to 3 on DVD and then see an episode from season 11, it’s so weird to see the characters in a different situation! Any way, how eddie is still there? How is he alive after 11 years?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

The same way Bart Simpson is still in the 4th Grade after 13 seasons...the magic of television!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
In some cases, skipping seasons works. I do understand the logic behind the L&O releases, since the cast has changed dramatically since season 3 and a better promo for season 15 would be season 14.

And Survivor went from season 1 to season 8, and in March we'll get season 2. Because each season is a completely different storyline, it made sense, and it also allowed a large quantity of extras to be on the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks