Francis of Assisi aspect ratio?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by John Madia, Mar 3, 2005.

1. John Madia

John Madia Second Unit

The IMDB lists Francis of Assisi's aspect ratio as 2.35:1 but the current DVD is listed as 1.85:1. Is the current DVD the wrong aspect ratio or is the IMDB wrong?

Also, how is the movie/DVD? I'm interested in seeing it but I haven't found much info on it.

2. TedD

TedD Supporting Actor

The DVD is 2.40:1.

Ted

3. ArthurMy

ArthurMy Supporting Actor

To be clear, the PACKAGING has the wrong aspect ratio listed. The DVD, as stated above, is correct.

4. frank manrique

frank manrique Supporting Actor

quote:

The IMDB lists Francis of Assisi's aspect ratio as 2.35:1 but the current DVD is listed as 1.85:1. Is the current DVD the wrong aspect ratio or is the IMDB wrong?

Also, how is the movie/DVD? I'm interested in seeing it but I haven't found much info on it.
    __________________________________________________ ________

Francis of Assisi was photographed in the CinenaScope anamorphic 35mm film format; AR: 2:35:1.

I first saw this film in the early 60s during my teenage years. I really like the movie, but am sure some people will find it not to their liking for one reason or another. So be it.

Am quite pleased with the PQ of the DVD as it is the BEST I've ever seen this movie look on video (forget the occassional P&S airings by AMC--yuck!! [​IMG] )...but things could have been better...much better...

-THTS