What's new

Francis of Assisi aspect ratio? (1 Viewer)

John Madia

Second Unit
The IMDB lists Francis of Assisi's aspect ratio as 2.35:1 but the current DVD is listed as 1.85:1. Is the current DVD the wrong aspect ratio or is the IMDB wrong?

Also, how is the movie/DVD? I'm interested in seeing it but I haven't found much info on it.

ArthurMy

Supporting Actor
To be clear, the PACKAGING has the wrong aspect ratio listed. The DVD, as stated above, is correct.

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

The IMDB lists Francis of Assisi's aspect ratio as 2.35:1 but the current DVD is listed as 1.85:1. Is the current DVD the wrong aspect ratio or is the IMDB wrong?

Also, how is the movie/DVD? I'm interested in seeing it but I haven't found much info on it.
__________________________________________________ ________

Francis of Assisi was photographed in the CinenaScope anamorphic 35mm film format; AR: 2:35:1.

I first saw this film in the early 60s during my teenage years. I really like the movie, but am sure some people will find it not to their liking for one reason or another. So be it.

Am quite pleased with the PQ of the DVD as it is the BEST I've ever seen this movie look on video (forget the occassional P&S airings by AMC--yuck!! :thumbsdown: )...but things could have been better...much better...

-THTS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks