What's new
World Wide Stereo

FPG Questions (1 Viewer)

Bill Marsh

Agent
I currently have a Sony hs10 which has been well tweaked and looks good. It replaced a Hitachi Ultrablack. After first setup it had the oh-my-god factor and I have been pretty happy for the 3 years I have owned it.
Front projection has made leaps and bounds since then and am thinking seriously about it.

QUESTION-since the hs10 hss a built in de-interlacer and scaler--I believe--would it be smart to go the dvdo Iscan route so that all video formats are upscaled?
The Iscan is obviously better than the interlacer in my Sony and probably better than the FP units as well.

For FP--thinking new panasonic PT-ae700u but any better or morelogical choices would be welcome. Ambient light can be controlled completely and screensize--about 96".

Budget --under 4000. I love video quality and don't wish to be dissapointed in my choice to go bigger.
PS---use it as computer monitor as well.

728x90

Ian-Fl

Second Unit
I believe the iscan pro is going $1000 in Canada. I'd be more tempted to invest the money in a HTPC. The interesting thing about an HTPC is that all the individual parts are upgradable. Therefore, you wouldn't be stuck with the same device three years down the road. Although my PC is three years old I've recently integrated it into my theater and beginning to understand it's potential and flexibility.
Asus puts out a motherboard for instance with onboard 5.1 sound and onboard GeForce 4 graphics chip.
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/sock...m/overview.htm
When the sound or graphics becomes outdated you just upgrade it.
You can also copy, record and edit dvd quality programs.
I put a TV capture card in my PC and it's deinterlacing and scaling programs for my projector, probably just as well as the iscan products can do for a fraction of the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks