What's new

Fox-Lorber's Best Disc ? (1 Viewer)

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
I recently watched and reviewed Panahi's The Circle. It is a pretty fine disc, especially by Fox/Lorber standards... I have reviewed it and the film with screen captures. You can ACCESS IT HERE.
It deals with the oppression of women in Iran... in a starkly realistic way... almost documentary-like....
This director also did The Mirror and The White Balloon...
Anyway, I own all the Rohmers etc. mounting to about 60+ Fox Lorber (Winstar) DVD titles in total and with the inclusion of the 21 minute Panahi interview on this one I would say this may be the best I have seen ( poor old memory ).. anyone jog my memory for any better F/L efforts into DVD?
Cheers,

StevenA

Second Unit
This is wonderful to hear. A terrific film and one which I've been meaning to pick up.

Breaker Morant is also a pretty good FL disc from memory.

Todd Cobler

Auditioning
The Fox Lorber/Winstar discs for Leox Carax's films (BOY MEETS GIRL, MAUVAIS SANG, and POLA X) all have lovely transfers and brief interviews with their rather unforthcoming auteur. POLA X also features an interesting, if laidback commentary track with actor Guilliame Depardieu.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
The My Life to Live disc looks great. They reused the gorgeous Criterion LD transfer and since it was 1.33:1 the lack of anamorphic enhancement doesn't matter much. Too bad none of their other Godard titles are up to the same level.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks