What's new

Fox finds! (1 Viewer)

JeremyJones

Agent
I was browsing through Kmart today, hoping to find a good deal on a DVD, and came across a new DVD display of Fox movies with a sign that says "$12.99"! Hmmm. Here is the list of movies in the display.
Predator
Speed
Broken Arrow
Young Frankenstein
The Siege
My Cousin Vinny
There was another one, I think, but I can't remember it. Anywho, I figure Fox is trying to get their remaining base versions out of stock so they can release special editions of these flicks. I picked up Young Frankenstein, since it's a special edition already.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Add to that:
True Lies
X-Men
History of the World
There were a few others at Wal-Mart, just one huge bin piled about 4 feet high of all of these DVDs.
Greg

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Not a Fox title, but I saw the 2-disc pack of Wayne's World for $29.99 at our local K-Mart. I know that is $5 cheaper than Best Buy price.

BradyB

Stunt Coordinator
Sweet, after work I am sooooo headed there to pick up predator and speed.
thnks for the news

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Is Predator the version with Dolby And DTS sound?
That's an important question. Both Predator and The Siege were reissued with dual DD/DTS soundtracks and (more importantly) new 16:9-enhanced transfers. Those versions would be a bargain at $12.99; I question whether the older versions would be.
M.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I thought Speed and True Lies were to be reworked and re-released next year?
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

JamesHB

Agent
Real Name
James
I picked up Predator today at Sam's Club for $13.49. Yes, it is the version that is 16:9 and with DD & DTS.
[Edited last by Jim Badger on August 14, 2001 at 07:55 PM]

Jean Paul Villeneuve

Second Unit
Hey BradyB,
Those prices are at U.S. Wal-Marts. Canadian prices are $19.99 each.
frown.gif

Jean Paul :)
------------------
Master Trader at HOME THEATER FORUM
Gold Trader at DVD TALK

JeremyJones

Agent
True Lies and History of the World! Those were in the display. I forgot. X-Men wasn't, but if they were in your display, grab it! Young Frankenstein had a lot of extras for a comedy. Really enjoyed it. And, yes, the Seige and Predator are the DTS/DD versions. I would get some more, but I know there will be Special Editons or Five Star Editions of these coming soon.

Jon_W

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, Jean Paul turn that frown upside down $19.99 canadian equals about $13.00 US so they are really the same price.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Just picked up the DTS predator at Wal Mart for 14.99. They had DTS Siege as well. Big honkin display for em too.
------------------

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I stopped at K-Mart on the way home last night & nabbed My Cousin Vinney & Office Space for $12.99 each, and will go back for Predator (DTS). On a nearby display they also had No Way Out for $9.83.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
My 3-year-old enjoying Superman - The Movie in widescreen:
Steve_Widescreen.jpg

(Some of my DVD's are to the left side of the picture)

MichaelO

Stunt Coordinator
Mine also had Strange Days, a very underrated film IMHO. The opening scene is a realy good 5.1 demo, I was impressed, solid bass to boot.
If you haven't seen this movie and are looking for something to watch, give it a try for $13 bucks, I bet you'll be impressed.
Also, can someone jog my memory about The Siege? I seem to vaguely remember it being released but I think I skipped it for some reason. Any opinions on it?
Thanks.
------------------
My Home theater

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks