What's new

folks with paradigm speakers: what's your HT setup? (1 Viewer)

JeffHayes

Stunt Coordinator
Here's my setup as of this past weekend.

Paradigm Reference Studio 40 (Left, Right)
Paradigm Reference Studio CC (Center)
Paradigm Reference ADP-450 (Left Side Surround, Right Side Surround)
Paradigm Reference SA-25 In-Walls (Left Back Surround, Right Back Surround)
B&K AVR507 Receiver with version 1.3 firmware

Samsung DLP HLN617W Rear Projection TV
Samsung TS160 STB

Soon to be ordered... SVS 20-39PC+ sub.

FWIW, my room is approximately 2400 cubic feet, totally enclosed.

C ya,
Jeff

DavidES

Stunt Coordinator
Right now I have mismatched cheap speakers I'm saving up to replace a bit at a time. This was all before I learned more about speakers the proper way.
I have a pair of ADP-170s for rears for the sound effect. The effect of monopoles for rears just didn't sound right or natural.
Planning on getting Focus and the matching CC. Wish I go up to Monitor 3s for the power handling and sensitivity but that's a little rich for my job situation. I have a JBL psw-d115 used sub which is pretty good although it seems to be peaky in the 30-50Hz range.
All running off a JVC RX-8000 which does a good job for the money spent on it at the time.

Steve_D

Second Unit
Just sold :frowning:, my Studio 40(x3), Studio 20(x2) Combo. Front 40's were run by 2 B&K Ref 4420 Amps, with a Denon 3801 as pre/pro/amps for the back 2. SVS 16-46 run off the other channel from the B&K Amp (shared with center).

Afte proper careful and proper calibration and sub EQ, I prefered my system to almost any dealer demo or friend's systems, regardless of their cost...sound wise.

Only sold the speakers for aesthetic reasons...big black speakers boxes won't go in the new shared HT/Family room.

Ben Stern

Stunt Coordinator
2 Pair of Paradigm Studio 40's v2 for the mains and surrounds, a Studio CC and a PW-2200 sub and a Denon 3802 receiver. I've been involved in home theater/hi-fi since the late 1970's and have owned various combinations of speakers and receivers. I have a preference for most Canadian speakers largely due to Dr. Floyd Toole and the NRC. Their speakers are based on a rational scientific approach rather than the mumbo jumbo approach of some other companies. I choose the Denon Receiver for a combination of reasons: Their history of consistently excellent products, features, dealer availability and the fact that their DON'T have a fan.grade that I'm definitely going to do is to get an SV sub. I just have to decide which one. The upgrade I might do is get an Outlaw amp.

JohnKings

Stunt Coordinator
my setup consists of:

Fronts: Studio 100's V.2 (Full Range for 2-ch. Music)
Surrounds: Studio 60's V.2 (For Multi Channel Music)
Rears: Studio 20's V.2 (Great rears)
Center: Studio CC V.2 (The obvious choice)
Sub: PW-2200 (The best sub $400 USD (in Canada) can buy!)

Pre/Pro: Outlaw 950 (Great cost vs. performance)
Amp (Fronts): Parasound HCA-1500A (Great amps! Great price)
Amp (Rears/Surr.): Parasound HCA-1205A

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Ben you sure about that denon not having a fan? My 4800 does. Of course Denon does an excellent job with the logic for the fan, IE, it turns off on quiet scenes, you NEVER hear it!

Terry Fraser

Auditioning
I have 90P monitor series for L/R an LCR 450 for the center speaker and ADP 370s for the side surrounds and right now I'm running a C2 energy center speaker for the back surround. For the Sub I'm using a 10" Cerwin vega that I'd like to eventually upgrade to a Paradigm. On the back surround I'm looking for a Dipole switchable to bipole. I will probably choose an energy, maybe the veritas line because I think they are sold single. All of this is powered through my recently purchased Integra 6.3 receiver. Confusingly called 6.3 it is a 6.1 channel. Mainly used for movies, but I do play music and not really impressed with the dipole sound for this.

Terry

DaveRHend

Auditioning
I just got the following setup this morning:

Mains: Titan
Center: CC-170
Surround: Titan

Powered by a Yamaha RX-V640. Now I just need to get my sub (still trying to figure out which one I want). I've only had an hour or so to play with it, but I'm happy so far.

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
Just upgraded yesterday:D :
Studio 40's for the front from Titans
Studio CC center from CC-170
Atoms for surrounds (for now)
Velodyne CT-150 sub

all powered (except sub) by my new Rotel RMB-1075 using my Sony DB930 as a pre/pro until the wallet fills again...

Matt

Rod#S

Grip
Real Name
Rod
My setup will consist of the following when the new Anthem Statement D1 hits the streets.

Studio 100's (currently have)
Studio CC (currently have)
Studio ADP's (currently have)
Studio 60's
Servo 15 (currently have)

Bryston 6B SST (powering the 100's and CC)
Bryston 9B SST (4 channels powering the remaining 4 speakers)
Denon DVD 2900

Rod

Jeff Reia

Auditioning
Great sound , good quality, great price. This is my family room setup. I will be creating a dedicated theatre with Anthem products and the Studio series.

Front Mains - Paradigm Monitor 11's
Rear Suround - Paradigm ADP 370 V3's
Centre Channel - Paradigm CC350
Sub - Paradigm PS1200

Yamaha RX-V2300
Yamaha DVD S796
RCA DSS reciever

Eric_AP

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I'll chime in with perhaps the most modest of the Paradigm set-ups:

Fronts AND Surronds: Atoms

Center: CC170

Sub: PDR-10

The whole deal cost me $830.00. I have the surrounds wall-mounted. The fronts are on 30 inch stands. The center sits on top of a 55 inch Mitsubishi 55819 (RPTV).

Sounds awesome. Don't need anything more. This is primarily for Home Theater.

The speakers are powered by an Onkyo TX-SR700.

If I had it over again, I might consider an SVS sub. But the PDR-10 shakes the room. And I have it calibrated right (not over compensating with the sub level turned up).

You should hear/feel the blast wave when Sauron dies in the beginning of Lord of the Rings (Fellowship of the Ring). Depth charges on U-571 sound great too.

Brian Fitterman

Stunt Coordinator
Studio 100 V2 Front
CC Center
ADP V2 Surrounds
SA-25 Inwalls Rears

Electronics:
Anthem AVM-20
Krell KAV-2250 250x2 Fronts (just upgraded from Proceed)
Anthem MCA-5 200x5 Rest
Velodyn F-1500R Sub
Marantz DV-8300 Transport does EVERYTHING
DirecTivo
RCA-HDTV tuner
Mits 55 HDTV

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
Front Monitor 7
Center CC370
Rear Mini Monitors
Sub Pw 2200