What's new

Fluance or PSB Image speakers (1 Viewer)

perrin

Stunt Coordinator
I need some advice on which speaker package I should get for my home theater. I have a Denon 2802 receiver and a new Sony 27" WEGA TV, and now I need some speakers. I have listened to the PSB Image line, and I was very impressed with the sound quality, especially the Image 2B and the 1B as well as the 8C center. Yet, I have read that Fluance is very close to a speaker package that could cost over $1000, but I have not listened to them since there is no store with this line of speakers.

Should I wait and save my money for the PSBs or should I get the Fluance 5 piece set instead? Or, can someone recommend another speaker package that would not cost too much money? Also, should I buy the AV-HTB or the SX-HTB speaker system if I were to choose on one? I would like to spend below $1200 because I live in a small one bedroom apartment, and I am sure the neighbors would not like me if I had a very loud system.

Perrin

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
save for the psb's if that were the two you were considering. ascends might be in your price range too. others i'm sure can suggest other capable speakers and don't discount the JBL's.

Ben_Ly

Agent
Perrin,
If you wait a week I will be able to give you some good insight on this. I recently bought a Denon 3300, and yesterday I purchased some Fluance speakers. I decided to go with the SV-10's, the better center channel, and the dipole surrounds. They are supposed to arrive on wednesday or thursday and I will tell you how they will sound then if you want me too. We have comparable receivers so my results will most likely sound much like yours. I'll get back to you once my flunace come in.

perrin

Stunt Coordinator
To Chu Gai: I think I will wait to get the PSB speakers because they have a great sound that is the best I have ever heard. I am still undecided on the JBLs since I have read some bad reviews on their home theater packages even though some recommend the S line over the N line. I am concidering getting the SVS PC25-31i subwoofer once I have the money to buy one.

To Ben Ly: Thanks for offering to let me know how Fluance sounds like when you get them. I would be very interested on how they sound. Even though I have decided on getting the PSBs, please tell me what your opinions are about these low cost speakers. It seems every person who owns these speakers give them a high recommendation. It is too bad there are not any authorized brick and mortar stores that one can audition them before they decided to purchase.

perrin

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well there've been some recent posts here on JBL, some by Phil Iturralade (I hope I spelled his last name correctly!) that I think will give you pause to reconsider. They're grossly underestimated, and while perhaps not for you ultimately, likely you can hear them locally and afford yourself another worthy choice. I do honestly think the wait is worth it. I'd hate to see you posting again in a year how you're looking to upgrade and taking a financial hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks