1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Floorstand Tower Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Kao, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Mike Kao

Mike Kao Second Unit

I'm looking for something under $500/pair to go with my Infinity HPS 1.5's bookshelves that I will be using as rears. I don't believe infinity offers any decent towers in this price range... any suggestions?

2. donovan_chin

donovan_chin Stunt Coordinator

The only floorstanding Infinity speakers that are less than $500/pair are the Entra series.. which suck.

3. Mike Kao

Mike Kao Second Unit

Well I just got the HPS 1.5's, and I have an Infinity center as well, so I don't think it would be worth it to dump all my Infinity speakers just yet. I'm not saying I'm only limited to Infinity towers, I just want a pair that would match nicely with my system. Something with good bass response would be nice (so I don't have to get a separate sub), but I guess I can't be too picky with a $500 budget [​IMG]

4. Bob Marker

Bob Marker Stunt Coordinator

The PSB Alpha towers at $549/pair or the Home Theater Direct towers at $429/pair may be good options. The current edition of Sound & Vision has a review of the Alphas and Cheap Home Theater recently posted a review of the HDTs.
    Good luck. Bob

5. george king

george king Supporting Actor

In that price range, you might want to check out a pair of Kef q35.2.
    Hope this helps.