What's new

Flight of the Navigator anyone? (1 Viewer)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I'm definately on the list of those wanting Flight of the Naviagtor. And good grief, Paul, The Wizard is a movie I TOTALLY forgot about until right now. I loved that movie! (Universal have the rights I believe)... ImDB lists a PAL R2 of The Wizard on release in Germany, though it's 1.33:1....bah!

Dan (UK)

Gavin_L

Second Unit
any updates or news on flight of the navigator being released on dvd?
I love this movie :) one of my favorite movies of the 80's

luke cav

Stunt Coordinator
http://www.r2-dvd.org/article.jsp?se...articleId=4316
Warner Bros have announced Joe Dante's "Innerspace" for release 26th August priced at £12.99. The disk features as 1.85:1 widescreen picture and DD 5.1 sound. Extras on the disk include:
Commentary from director Joe Dante and visual effects supervisor Dennis Muren .
Original theatrical trailer

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I would love to see Flight of the Navigator on DVD. I loved this film. Hopefully when Disney finally releases it, it gets better than the non-anamorphic treatment they gave Hocus Pocus :frowning:.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I used to watch Flight of the Navigator all the time back in the 80s! I never got sick of it. I'd love to have this film in my collection!
"Get back, Jack--I've got a gun!"

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
If you guys want a title, don't forget to call the studio. Why do you think Newsies was released? Lots of phone calls.
Anyone know the correct studio and phone number to request:

Hunt For Red October, ANAMORPHIC RE-RELEASE

Crimson Tide, ANAMORPHIC RE-RELEASE

Deep Impact, ANAMORPHIC RE-RELEASE

Armageddon, ANAMORPHIC RE-RELEASE

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I would definitely enjoy watching Flight of the Navigator again. Excellent film! ...or so I thought when I watched it back then. :) :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Hopefully Flight of the Navigator will be the unedited version. Originally, in the theaters, there was a scene where the boy (I forget his name) needs to go to the bathroom, so Max pulls over, and he gets out to go, and Max stares at him, so he makes a funny comment about Mickey Mouse while hes doing the job. All subsequent versions of this movie, this scene is removed. All I remember was finding it really funny the first time I saw it.

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
Nothing :frowning: Randal Kleiser, the director, is the man who should be contacted in my opinion.

Bryce Miner

Stunt Coordinator
I have the laserdisc of The Wizard, but I believe its 4:3. Universal is the studio, if I remember correctly.

Gavin_L

Second Unit
Each day i hope to hear some new on this movie.
Hopefully 2003 will finally be the year that they release this great film. Been waiting for this one for years, so i can retire my vhs copy. I think a widescreen version of this movie would look great.
Hopefully we start to here some new soon :)

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
I think Anchor Bay should get FOTN. Seems like they would do it more justice than Disney.

I have nightmares about just how poorly Paramount HV will treat Explorers when they eventually release it. I was remarking just the other day that Paramount is one of the least-represented studios in my 217-title collection: Better Off Dead; Braveheart (which I got for free with my player); Deterrence; Ferris Bueller; The Godfather Box; and Wayne's World. That's it for the Mountain. I would add Explorers in a heartbeat, but I still long for a retrospective doc with Ethan Hawke, Jason Presson, James Cromwell, Dick Miller, Joe Dante (of course!) etc...

But it's Paramount. So it probably won't happen. Shame they don't license their stuff to AB or Criterion, no?

Back on my meds,

CS

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
How silly of me! I was whining about Paramount, but I totally forgot their lapse in shoddy quality, three titles in my collection they totally got right, Star Trek SE's 1-3! Of course, they released barebones, no-frills versions of 2 and 3 first, so only partial credit there.

But it does bring my number up to 9.

Doctor! Meds! Stat!

CS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks