What's new

"Flagging" effect on WEGA. Horizontal frequency adjustment? (1 Viewer)

Aaron_R_B

Grip
Hello ...

I just purchased a Sony KV-27FS100 and I've been very, very happy with it so far. The only thing I've noticed is a flagging effect that is most noticeable when watching CNN or some other network with a horizontally scrolling ticker. It seems to wave in and out a bit. I performed a few searches, but didn't find anything in the archives. Is this remedied by adjusting the horizontal frequency in the service menu? (As you've probably guessed, I haven't attempted to make any service menu adjustments yet ... I'm a bit chicken.)

Thanks.
AB

Aaron_R_B

Grip
I've also noticed that vertical lines aren't straight. I know I need to pick up a copy of the Avia disc, but is there something I can do in the meantime?

Thanks again!

Mike Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
There will be no adjusting of the the horizontal frequency.
It sounds as if you have linearity problems, which to a rather minor degree can be corrected in service mode.

If you venture to do this, write down all your values first, and don't change anything that you aren't sure of.

Better to let Sony service handle this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks