What's new

Firstborn (1984) (1 Viewer)

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Don't count on it coming out anytime soon. Paramount is not releasing catalogue titles any longer except for Special Editions or Re-issues.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter

THIS WAS POSTED ON THE "REDS" THREAD:

Re: Reds: Special Edition finally arrives October 2006!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently met A Paramount Home Video executive recently on a flight from LA to Chicago. I asked her what happened to the great catalog classic titles and she said that they are more interested in TV and films and special editions of classic films like "Grease" and "Heaven Can Wait". She said that they have only 11 catalogs titles for 2007.
I asked about the Republic titles and she said that Paramount found out that they did not have the rights to their film library: only the Republic TV library.
She said that Lions Gate would eventually release the theatrical titles from Republic.
I asked about "Love With the Proper Stranger" Samson and Delilah" "Ace in the Hole", "Summer and Smoke" and she said that "used" to be on their release list. She did say she thought "The Conformist" might be coming soon.
She was very excited about REDS and it would be released in HD simultaneously. I mentiooned that DAYS OF HEAVEN would be a great HD title. her response was that they had more important flms to release in HD like AEON FLUX.
I suggested doing something like Warners DVD decision...and she thought that would be a great idea because they really don't know what the public wants.
It was a very disappointing conversation for me and was the last nail in the coffin for Paramount releasing older classic films. Very sad!

walter o

Supporting Actor

What a sad news, considering Lions gates horrible DVD with wrong OAR. And so many fine films from Paramounts catalog that haven't been released on dVD yet, sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks