First time screen viewing at your home

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Kevin_F, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Kevin_F

Kevin_F Stunt Coordinator

I am interested in hearing about everyones thoughts the first time the got their screen set-up in their house and/or apartment.

I just set-up my 106" screen in my basement last night and all I can say is WOW, I didn't realize how big that size screen would actually look, and I haven't even sent an image to it yet.

After setting it up, I sat in my chair for about 5 minutes just looking at it with a grin from ear to ear. I knew what the dimensions were prior to purchasing, and I measured those out on my wall before I set it up, but to see the "actual" screen was a beautiful thing

What was your experience like the first time you setup your screen?

2. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

Not a projector screen, but the first time I saw my 56" RPTV, sitting 7 ft. away, I said "wow, that is wayyyy too big". A couple weeks later a friend and I were watching a movie and we both said "Gee, I think a 65" could have fit in here, that screen's starting to look small".

In other words, it wears off fast...

3. Kevin_F

I hope I don't get to the point where 106" becomes too small [​IMG]

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I used to have an 84" 4x3 in my last setup. Current one is 96" 16x9 which is significantly bigger (4x3 vs 16x9) but the first time I set it up, I ended up popping in half my dvd collection that night just to soak it all in.

5. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Kevin, I agree with you. I also have a 106" screen, and I sit about 15.5 feet back. Our 55" Mitsubishi is for sale because we hardly use it anymore. Anyone interested?

6. Kevin_F

[​IMG] Even though I was fully aware of the dimensions, you don't fully comprehend the size until you see it