What's new

First time screen viewing at your home (1 Viewer)

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
I am interested in hearing about everyones thoughts the first time the got their screen set-up in their house and/or apartment.

I just set-up my 106" screen in my basement last night and all I can say is WOW, I didn't realize how big that size screen would actually look, and I haven't even sent an image to it yet.

After setting it up, I sat in my chair for about 5 minutes just looking at it with a grin from ear to ear. I knew what the dimensions were prior to purchasing, and I measured those out on my wall before I set it up, but to see the "actual" screen was a beautiful thing

What was your experience like the first time you setup your screen?

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Not a projector screen, but the first time I saw my 56" RPTV, sitting 7 ft. away, I said "wow, that is wayyyy too big". A couple weeks later a friend and I were watching a movie and we both said "Gee, I think a 65" could have fit in here, that screen's starting to look small".

In other words, it wears off fast...

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I used to have an 84" 4x3 in my last setup. Current one is 96" 16x9 which is significantly bigger (4x3 vs 16x9) but the first time I set it up, I ended up popping in half my dvd collection that night just to soak it all in.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Kevin, I agree with you. I also have a 106" screen, and I sit about 15.5 feet back. Our 55" Mitsubishi is for sale because we hardly use it anymore. Anyone interested?

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
:) Even though I was fully aware of the dimensions, you don't fully comprehend the size until you see it

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks