What's new

finished a speakerpage center channel today (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
overall I'm impressed!
I got the cabinets pre cut and assembled, glued, screwed, and caulked.
it's a little bright for my liking but I'll see what I can do about that :)
center.jpg

YES I KNOW MY SCREWS AREN'T EVEN :b
center2.jpg

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
Nice work! I'd be interested in knowing what you think of them after you get them broken in and used to the sound... I'll be in the market for a new center channel very soon.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
so far I'm impressed!
I think the only thing I'd do is replace the SCH woofers with a vifa they offer on their site now.. not for lack of performance, just to have ALL vifa drivers.
again the only complaint is a little too much tweeter, but maybe I just need to back off the treble.
I calibrated it with my rat shack SPL and it was already right there, a little fine adjustment and it blends in with my acoustic research mains really nicely.
it's tough to evaluate it hooked up as a center channel though. Maybe in a few days I'll hook it up as a main and run some music through it out of curiousity :)
the quality of their precut cabinets is GREAT for not a lot more I got all the parts pre-cut, all the datos cut, and the routing around the drivers to recess them. MUCH better than I could do, even if I had the tools.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Philip,

I imagine the tweeter will calm down a bit after you get a few hours time into the speaker. Even my Emeralds were a bit raspy sounding when I first finished them.

Brian

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Congrats, Phillip. We weren't even considering commenting on your uneven screwing ;) If you're into such things, you could replace the series tweeter capacitor. I used one of the expensive boutique types (no, I won't admit the price and the SCH guys laugh at me). However, give it some time - I bet it will be fine. Also, give those proprietary mid-woofs a decent chance - they are really nice for the price. BTW, the second picture is dark - I can't see what finish you used.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I was just watching moulin rouge, and noticed how happy I've been with this cneter now that I've had it about a month. I hope they get some drivers back in stock soon. Awesome deal for the $`

Ben Yang

Grip
Congrats,
That was the only speaker I didn't build. I had them build it. You will be very pleased with the cc once it has some hours on it. I have the towers and they match nicely.
They are going to issue an update on the towers soon, with a different tweeter.
Overall, Speakerpage is an amazing bargain and sound great, IMO.
Enjoy,
Ben
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~wpsg/

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Glad they have broken in okay for you! Yes, SCH is the best value in kits I've seen. The mid-woof won't be back, but they have a new one and say its midrange is even better. Also, new main and center designs are in the works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks