What's new

Film Downloads, What's the catch? (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
You say that like you've proved someting other than that you're willing to pay more for a pretty box that adds little actual functionality.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
666? I can see why that number is the "mark of the beast" now!

Coincidence - I think so! :)

No, really, I can see studios having several options - like $5 for a quick and dirty copy (that probably has the same quality as the illegal downloads being done now)

...and $15-$20 for a copy that you can cut to disk, that would be at the same quality we can get on buying a hard copy.

Glenn

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
That would actually be a great idea. Just like they do with Stock Photography. Instead of one price, if you opt for lower quality, you get it at a cheaper price...as long as the highest quality is still below the physical DVD price.

p.s. LOL 666! You know you want to join me!!!

Ray Ruggaurs

Agent
yeah I find the ipod video good for sitcoms and 30 min shows like family guy or simpsons - i dont get put off that i'm watching it on a tiny screen. Psychologically i feel i dont need a top theatre set-up to enjoy it i suppose

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
I made a snarky comment at the beginning of the thread about these particular services. They are completely useless to me... it is not more convenient to download a poorer quality version of a movie that I can get at Best Buy for the same price.

However, if they make it cheap it becomes attractive. I have my CD collection on my hard drive (and play it over the network on my HT), I would do the same for movies if it was convenient and higher quality.

(And yes, the difference between a 350MB DivX file and DVD is much greater than a 192Kbps MP3 and the CD.)

And packaging is a rather moot point. The best packaging in my collection is the Star Trek custom art from rixgrafix.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks