What's new

Fight Club reissue WHERE? (1 Viewer)

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Can somebody please tell me what the hell happened to the Fight Club: SE reissue? It was supposed to come out on October 14, but I still haven't seen it anywhere!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Different packaging, but still the 2-disc SE (Cardboard box)? Or are you refferring to the single disc version (single disc amaray)?

For what it's worth the single disc version is the same as the 1st disc of the SE version. This is how fox seems to be handling re-releasing OOP 2disc sets as single disc titles.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
I'm aware of the single disc reissues, but Fox is now rereleasing all of the 2 disc sets in new packaging. The Abyss, ID4, Sound of music, Cast Away, etc, all of these are now on shelves. Except for Fight Club. And that's the title that would probably generate the most new purchases, given its notorious dvd history. What's going on, Fox?

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I'm also aware of the re-releases of the 5stars and other 2disc fox titles, but I was inquiring whether Justin actually saw a new release of the 2disc set in a different box or if he simply saw the single disc release that's been out for awhile.

If Fox does re-release Fight Club it will most likely be in the new Digipack packaging like ID4, Abyss, Castaway, etc (currently Best Buy exclusives, but not for long). It's good that they're re-releasing these for people who missed out on the original release, but I almost bought the Digipack ID4 and Castaway (2 for $25 when released at best buy) as soon as they were released... I would have been severly pissed when I got them home only to find they were exactly the same as the ones I already had. I know there won't be because people un-knowingly buying something they already have makes more money for Fox, but there should be something to inform consumers that these releases are the exact same content from the prior 5star/SE releases.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Nope, it was the 2-disc set. The packaging was a bit different. I only noticed it because I had thought it out of print. I bought my original on its release date, so it wasn't a big issue for me, personally, but I was glad to see it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks