What's new

Female Singer with the Most Beautiful Voice? (1 Viewer)

RobertW

Supporting Actor
if yoiu haven't heard the wild colonials, you have to hear Angela McCluskey. beautiful voice.

Joe S

Second Unit
I don't think anyone mentioned her here, but I immediately thought of the late Sandy Denny- especially when she was with Fairport Convention in the late 60's, early 70's.

Maybe it's the British accent, but her voice was so sweet and clear.

Got to play the song "Tam Lin" for Halloween.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I don't know for sure if she does or doesn't have the Most Beautiful Voice but Judy Collins at least deserves a mention.

Rick Deschaine

Stunt Coordinator
Tom beat me to the punch, but I will wholeheartedly vote for her,

Neko Case

If any of you haven't listened to "Blacklisted", well then get right out there and stop wasting your time and purchase that sucker! Best release of 2002 IMHO.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
im a sucker for 60-70's cusp girls singers

LAURA NYRO (-)

MARY HOPKINS (an APPLE GIRL)

JACQUI MACSHEE (PENTANGLE)

ANNIE HASLAM (RENAISSANCE)

BARBARA GASKIN (SPIROGYRA) (-the UK psych-folk band from 1971)

MADDY PRIOR (STEELEYE SPAN)

GAY WOODS (-) and ex- of STEELEYE SPAN)

to hear her and Maddy on HARK-THE VILLAGE WAITE! is folk heaven

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm gonna throw down for Eva Cassidy as well. Her voice was amazingly beautiful, almost beyond compare. It's such a pity that her life ended when she was so young.
If you've never heard her then run, don't walk, to your nearest music store and pick up a copy of Eva Cassidy Live at Blues Alley. If you're not a fan after listening to this recording then please, check your pulse.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Mariah can be shockingly good when she makes an effort at it.
I posted this above. After I attended Mariah Carey's concert this past Friday, I have to restate that. She was in extremely good voice (and form :D ), and she gave a great performance. I would love to hear her do some material that would challenge her considerable vocal talent.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I would love to hear her do some material that would challenge her considerable vocal talent.
Funny, I was just talking about this to my fiancee Saturday.

She does have a nice voice, but it is so misused in the pop crap that she usually sings. I actually still like her first album, but she follows the pattern of most pop vocallists who get popular, and their songs get worse...

Jason

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I agree, Jason.

At her concert on Friday night, she did a fantastic job with "Vision of Love" and "Make It Happen", both from her first album. Encore was "All I Want For Christmas Is You".

RyanPC

Stunt Coordinator
I added another to my list:

Anne Murray

I love anything done by this woman. My favorites are Broken Hearted Me and You Needed Me.

I also agree with Mariah Carey. Hero is my favorite of hers, along with All I Want For Christmas Is You.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks