What's new

Fell for Definitive Tech speakers (1 Viewer)

Demian

Grip
I had my mind set on Jbl, but heard the definitive line HP10B tower and c/l/r 2002 center channel. They blew my mind. I know the hp10 is discontinued but got it for $380 each, marked down from $499 each. The c/l/r center was $399, marked down from $499. I think this is a good deal....any suggestions or know of any better deals out there? Let me know. Thanx

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Nothing against JBL, but I think you're in a whole different league by settling for the Def Tech speakers. I've loved those that I heard. Made my ears quite happy.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Yep, Def techs are Significantly more $$ then JBL's and are really in a different league.
Still like my JBLs tho, especialy for the $$.
Enjoy.

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
I had Def Techs for a number of years. Atleast 4-5. I loved them. I had the pro400's, c/l/r 1000 and an old powerfield 15 sub. They sounded very good. The bass from the 400's was really impresive. Now they have a new home and I have newer JM Labs set up.

Dick Boneske

Stunt Coordinator
Def Techs are very good speakers. You made a good choice. There are a few American companies that still make products that are better than most imports. Paradigm is Canadian, but they are in the same league. Companies like Infinity, Acoustic Research, Klipshch, JBL, and Polk, I believe, have seen better days in the past.

Many may disagree, but IMHO that's it.

Demian

Grip
I picked the towers and center up today and got them hooked up right away. WOW...I can sure tell a difference from my (htib). They sound even better here at home than at the store. The Incredibles is a great DVD to test with, great range of sound. I have a Yamaha htr-5790 receiver, and it sounds out of this world. I was amazed at the quality once I got them home. I bought them at ultimate electronics, they were very courteous and helpful. Luckily they are not closing in my area. I thank everyone for their input. I have to get back to a movie....I feel like a 8 year old on Christmas morning.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Demian:

Good choice. I have had the BP20s, CLR 1000 for about 12 years now and picked up the BP2X for the surrounds about 6 years ago. They still sound like the day I brought them home.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks