What's new

Favor to ask you guys (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Could someone please go to the dolby digital site and copy and paste the recommended demo material for Pro Logic II? I can't get it to come up but that doesn't mean it isn't there. It's in the hometheater section. Thanks.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Please forgive me for not cleaning it up.
Information
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. 100 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94103-4813 Telephone 415-558-0200 Fax 415-863-1373
Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire SN4 8QJ England Telephone (44) 1793-842100 Fax (44) 1793-842101 www.dolby.com
Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. © 2001 Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
Recommended Demo Material for Pro Logic II
Pro Logic II is a new Dolby Laboratories technology that produces surround sound from
any stereo source, including CDs, VHS tapes, TV shows, digital audio files like MP3 and
AAC, cassette tapes, and FM radio broadcasts.
The following list is a collection of titles that we’ve found show off Pro Logic II’s
capabilities exceptionally well. Although practically any material in stereo or encoded in
Dolby Surround sounds good in Pro Logic II, certain CD tracks or DVD chapters
produce a more dramatic effect.
For technical information on Pro Logic II, check out Dolby Pro Logic II Surround
Decoder Principles of Operation.
Recommended Pro Logic II Demo CDs:
For Pro Logic II Music listening, the recommended standard settings are:
Panorama: Off
Dimension: 0
Center Width: 3
The above settings may be used for all selections. However, to make the sound better suit your taste or your audio system, it is possible to adjust the sound using these three
controls. The Center Width control has a demonstrable effect with virtually any program.
The Dimension (D) and Panorama (P) controls are more program-dependant. Tracks that respond particularly well to the Dimension or Panorama controls are noted in the Code
column of the table below. These controls are functional only in Music mode. Note that the Music mode is optional
on Pro Logic II products, and that some products with Pro Logic II Music mode may not offer these controls.
Here are our favorite Pro Logic II demo CDs:
Artist Album Track Code
Enya A Day Without Rain
3 "Only Time"
10 "One by One"
D
D, P
Madonna Ray of Light
3 "Ray of Light"
10 "The Power of Good-Bye"
Sting Brand New Day 1, 2, 10
Faith Hill Breathe 7 "The Way You Love Me" P
Christina Aguilera Christina Aguilera
2 "What A Girl Wants"
4 "So Emotional"
P
Eric Clapton &
B.B. King Riding With the King 4 "Marry Me"
Dire Straits Love Over Gold
1 "Telegraph Road"
2 "Private Investigations"
Celine Dion All the Way: A Decade of Song 4 "Because You Loved Me" D, P
Third Eye Blind Blue 4 "Never Let You Go" P
Jennifer Warren Famous Blue Raincoat 3 "Famous Blue Raincoat"
The Who Live at Leeds 13 "My Generation"
Michael Jackson Bad 1 "Bad"
7 "Man in the Mirror"
Doobie Brothers Minute by Minute
8 "Steamer Lane Breakdown"
3 "Minute by Minute"
P
Fourplay Between the Sheets
1 "Chant"
3 "Between the Sheets"
Cantate Domino Cantate Domino 3 "Advent"
Cibo Matto Stereotype A 3 "Flowers"
Alan Parsons On Air
1 "Blue Sky Blue"
2 "Too Close to the Sun"
7 "Fall Free"
10 "One Day to Fly"
In addition, almost any classical or jazz recording produces excellent results with Pro
Logic II.
Stereo recordings with lots of out-of-phase information produce a more dramatic
surround effect. Recordings that have mostly hard-center, in-phase content (such as Mark
Knopfler’s Sailing to Philadelphia) sound good in Pro Logic II, but won’t yield much
surround effect.
Switching from stereo to Pro Logic II (and back again) during playback should reveal an
immediately apparent difference in sound with any CD.
Recommended Pro Logic II Demo Movie Clips
Pro Logic II’s Movie mode offers no user adjustments.
In general, any action movie that makes a good Dolby Digital 5.1 demo also makes a
good Pro Logic II demo. Soundtracks with significant content in the surround channel
highlight the difference between Pro Logic II’s full-bandwidth, stereo surround channels,
and original Pro Logic’s band-limited, mono surround channel.
Some of our favorites are:
• The second half of Chapter 3 from Star Trek: First Contact
• The first chapter of Tomorrow Never Dies
• The first chapter of The Abyss
We prefer to demo these clips from DVD, but laserdisc, satellite broadcasts, and even
VHS tape also produce excellent results. When you demo these from DVD, be sure to
either select the 2.0-channel Dolby Digital track from the disc menu, or set the DVD
player for downmixed, two-channel output. If you play the selected scene in Pro Logic,
then replay the scene in Pro Logic II, the differences should be readily apparent.
-
S01/13597

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Oh man I forgot to get Adobe Acrobat when i reformatted and went to XP. I feel like such a fool. Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks