What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Hilarity and humanity exist in equal measure in this classic sequel.

Father's Little Dividend (1951)

Released: 27 Apr 1951
Rated: Not Rated
Runtime: 82 min

Director: Vincente Minnelli
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance

Cast: Spencer Tracy, Joan Bennett, Elizabeth Taylor
Writer(s): Albert Hackett, Frances Goodrich, Edward Streeter

Plot: Shortly after coming to terms with his daughter's marriage, a father faces the prospect of becoming a grandfather.

IMDB rating: 6.5
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: MGM
Distributed By: Warner Archive
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC

Aspect Ratio: 1.37:1
Audio: English 2.0 DTS-HDMA

Subtitles: English SDH...

Continue reading...

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Thanks Matt for another sterling review. Somehow I've never gotten around to seeing this film. Last year my mother told me she saw this while she was pregnant with me, just before I was born. So now I have the opportunity to correct that lapse. Of course, I'll be watching it from a very unique perspective.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Another beautiful master from Warner Archive. Let’s hope that those PD thieves who prey on expensive studio re-masterings have a modicum of respect for those efforts. There’s nothing wrong with the concept of the public domain, but work such as this should not be considered fodder. There are enough old prints out there to satisfy those who post to Amazon and YouTube.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Always great catching up to Matt’s insightful, thoughtful and persuasive reviews. Mr. Hough remains a consistent guide and pleasure of reliability, while adding much to my BD library.

I’ll be adding this WAC release to my often watched copy of Father of the Bride.

Last edited:

quantumsnoga

Agent
Real Name
George P Snoga
Another beautiful master from Warner Archive. Let’s hope that those PD thieves who prey on expensive studio re-masterings have a modicum of respect for those efforts. There’s nothing wrong with the concept of the public domain, but work such as this should not be considered fodder. There are enough old prints out there to satisfy those who post to Amazon and YouTube.
Robert, there is no such thing as a PD thief - by definition. Public Domain means free to all.

Frankly, I consider copyright extension for existing work to every bit a much "PD thieves" as the ripping you mention. Only that was the studios that was preying off the Public.

In 15 years, every US movie up to Casablanca will be PD.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Robert, there is no such thing as a PD thief - by definition. Public Domain means free to all.

Frankly, I consider copyright extension for existing work to every bit a much "PD thieves" as the ripping you mention. Only that was the studios that was preying off the Public.

In 15 years, every US movie up to Casablanca will be PD.
This discussion would definitely be worthy of its own thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks