What's new

Fast & the Furious 2nd Layer Problems? (1 Viewer)

Michael Moulton

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody having problems with this?

The layer change seems top be at about the 5:00 mark of Chapter 8. After that, the picture (using my Playstation 2) gets blocky and skips around into Chapter 9. At that point, I gave up.

Tried it on my parents' Panasonic player, it handled the layer change and the first few seconds after it fine... I'll have to check the rest of the 2nd layer on it.

Do I have a bad disc or is this a PS2 problem? Anybody with a PS2 and the DVD Remote drivers (1.4? not sure of that) who could try their copy and report back, I'd really appreciate it.

--Mike

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Michael Silla

Second Unit
Have a look at an earlier thread "Problems playing F&F on a PS2". I had the exact same issue. I ended up returning my disc for a new one. The new one works fine although it still doesn't handle the layer change gracefully.

The are some stand alone players that have similar issues. That said, most stand alone players are doing a better job of handling said layer change.

Michael.

ChrisV

Second Unit
Actually, I watched that on my PS2 last night, and although the layer change was noticeable, after that the movie played just as well as it had before. No problems here.

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
I rented it tonight and it skipped nastily as well, on my Sony 560 player, Disc was clean as a whistle so something is up I'd say!

G2

loud movie btw!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satimis
Recent bookmarks