What's new

Fantasy Football (Non HTF leagues) (1 Viewer)

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
Playoff time for me. I'll probably win this week (top 4 of 12 in the champ bracket) and then lose to the nearly unbeatable Homles/Tomlinson owner in the chamionship game. I did beat him in the regular season, though. The matchups (if we meet next week) favor him.

Anyway before I end up losing this week, I have one question at WR. Donald Driver at SF or Jimmy Smith at Cin? Both have been underacheiving as of late. Even with the matchup for Smith at Cin, I'm still leaning towords driver. What do you guys think?

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Charlie Garner said:
I have Driver on my squad and I'm tentatively starting him over Keyshawn, Rod Gardner, and Curtis Conway. The two things you need to consider are 1) If Rodney Peete and the Panthers could roll up 52 points against the Bengals, what will Brunell and Smith do? and 2) The weakness of the SF passing defense is Mike Rumpf, who will probably cover Walker, Ferguson, or Glenn. Favre will be looking in that direction more often to exploit the matchup. Driver should still get his opportunities, but he may disappoint you if you are expecting him to be the number one target.
OK kids! Ahman Green, Travis Henry, Eddie George. Which one do you bench? Every time I start Eddie he does squat. Every time I bench him he scores two touchdowns.
Brad

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
A quick note for all of you guys depending on Terrell Owens this week. He's been downgraded to questionable due to his groin injury. I know I was counting on him so I'd have a shot this week. :frowning:
As far as your situation Brad, I'd love to be in it. I really think it'd be time to bench Henry. The Chargers still have a pretty good run defense and I figure they'll eat up a lot of clock.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Ha! Just noticed that.
I'd seen a thread earlier where someone was talking about DVDs and asking about the "addiction extras". I thought about touching it but I'm too nice for that. ;)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Argh!!! Clinton Portis is frustrating the hell out of me. Two TD's, yes, but two fumbles also, which negates one of the two TD's by our scoring system. Not only that, but he's probably taken himself out of consideration for any goal-line carries over the next few crucial weeks for the Broncos by fumbling on the one.:frowning:

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Andrew, did you mean to say 4 touchdowns??? And you are complaining about 2 fumbles? That's 4 touchdowns I said.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I posted that earlier. Those 4 TD's make up for the two fumbles, but nothing makes up for playing Garner over Ahman Green.:angry: As of 6:35 ET, I'm down by two points, though I've still got Brady, Fauria and Nedney playing tomorrow, while my opponent has Bulger and George left. It'll be close.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Well, let's say we're even Brad. Between you recommending me to start Davis over Shipp and me recommending you sit Henry, I'd say we were. ;)
(By the way, I -did- start Shipp :)) but didn't start Mungro.

Man, I really thought I was going to lose badly but right now I'm up by 43 points - but my opponent has Derick Mason, C Fauria and NE's defense. Normally I would think that impossible but after last week's close call...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
My focus tonight will be on another game in our league. The team chasing me for first is up by 24 points, but his opponent has Derrick Mason, Fauria and a defensive player. If they all get at least their average weekly points, he will win and I will clinch first place in my division. If he falls short, I have to beat the second place team next week to win the division.

Other than Portis and my defense, my team did nothing, but my opponent's entire team also did nothing. Luckily, he had James Mungro and Kevin Johnson on his bench instead of in the lineup. I lead by 42 points, and tonight he has Brady plus a defender, while I have Eddie George and Nedney. Brady would need a career night along with George and Nedney putting up zeros for him to have any chance.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Well, let's say we're even Brad.
To be fair, Davis was injured. For all we know he could have scored three touchdowns as well. Who am I kidding? Fortunately you made the right choice.

I still started Henry. He and Green gave me everything I could have asked for. Unfortunately, my opponent had Portis. I am now down by 1.64 pts. He has Brady and I have Vinatieri. It doesn't look good, but in week 11 Brady scored 4.98 pts while Vinatieri scored 8.00 pts. It's still possible. If I had left Gardner in my lineup and Coles on my bench, I would be leading right now. So much for playing the matchups.

Brad

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
This weekend was just typical of my season. Scored 57 points (league average is just shy of 50) and still have Derrick Mason tonight. Was up 57-31 over my opponent in the Garbage Bowl for teams that missed the playoffs and my opponent had Troy Brown and Vinitieri on Monday and Marcel Shipp Sunday Night.

Sure enough, Shipp went off to the tune of 190 combined yards and three scores. I lead 57-55 going into tonight but will surely lose unless Mason has a very good game. It's going to cost me $200.

That's about the 7th time I've faced an opponent who had a career day.

I played the McAllister owner the day he scored 3 times. The Tomlinson owner the day he scored three times, the Priest owner the day he scored 4 times, the Stephen Davis owner the day he scored 3 times, the Burress owner the day he went for 250yds and 2 scores, the Pennington owner the day he threw for 4 scores, and now the Shipp owner the day he gets three scores.

You can have this season and flush it down the toilet.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
The championship in my league is going to be fought for by two sub-.500 teams, one of which was the lowest scoring team in the league. Both me (8-4) and my friend (12-0) went down this week, unless Brady, Fauria and Nedney can pull off a miracle and outscore Eddie George by 28 points tonight.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Well, looks like I ended up winning this week as well. The Pats defense couldn't stop the Titans juggernaut! :D
So it's championship week and i'm wondering who I should start. Real quick again:
QB: Collins or Griese
WR (2): Owens, Booker, Porter, TTaylor, Troy Brown
RB (2): Hearst, Shipp, SDavis, Mungro, LJohnson
TE: Sharpe
K: Feely or Hollis
DEF: Jacksonville or SF
WR/RB (1): Whatever's left over
By the way, where ya at Paul? :laugh:

Oh yeah Evan, that happens. Wish I could explain in better but that's the breaks in fantasy football. I faced the Faulk owner the week he had 45+ points, Harrison's owner when he had a career day, Gannon's owner the day he had one of his best games. I got to 6-2 then fell to 6-7; then the playoffs started. ;)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
John, it all worked out. Viniteri only got one point and in our league scoring system Troy Brown only got one point as well. Derrick Mason got me two points last night, so I was able to hold onto the Garbage Bowl title, finished my season at 7-7-1, won $200 back for my trouble. Overall, it left we with a better taste in my mouth than I had the night previous, that's for sure.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
QB: Collins or Griese
WR (2): Owens, Booker, Porter, TTaylor, Troy Brown
RB (2): Hearst, Shipp, SDavis, Mungro, LJohnson
TE: Sharpe
K: Feely or Hollis
DEF: Jacksonville or SF
WR/RB (1): Whatever's left over
John, I would go with Booker, Porter and Brown at WR (Owens may not play) and Shipp and Mungro at RB (Hearst may rest, too, since the Niners have nothing to play for). Go with Griese vs. the Raiders.

Here's my dilemma: I am playing for the division title this weekend, and my matchups are not great. I have several decisions to make:

QB: Brad Johnson (vs. Pitt), Pennington (vs. NE), Maddox (vs. TB)
RB: Portis, George, Garner (vs. Denver) (pick 1)
WR: Hines Ward, Jerry Rice, Amani Toomer, Darryl Jackson (pick 1)
WR/RB: pick three of above remaining WR/RB
TE: Randy McMichael (vs. Minnesota), Kyle Brady

Portis, George and Rice are definite starters. I'm leaning towards Johnson over Pennington at QB, but this is still up for debate. That leaves two more offensive players to pick. Normally I go with Garner and Ward, but Ward is injured, while Garner did nothing in his first meeting vs. Denver or last week against Miami. I'm leaning towards Toomer instead of the hobbled Ward, but I do not have a lot of confidence in Jackson over Garner.

Help!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The NFL Injury Report seems to be taking care of all my choices this week. Hines Ward, Darrell Jackson and Brad Johnson are all listed as "questionable". I'll therefore go with the healthy alternatives -- Amani Toomer, Charlie Garner and Chad Pennington. With everything on the line this week, it's too risky to start an injured player.

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
Well, looks like I'm a beneficiary of the Holmes injury. I'm in the championship game this week against the Holmes owner. Here are the lineups:
Me
QB Favre (Buf)
WR Marvin Harrison (NYG)
WR Donard Driver (Buf)
RB Clinton Portis (@Oak)
RB Garrison Hearst (@Ari)
TE Marcus Pollard (NYG)
K Martin Gramatica (Pit)
Him
QB Aaron Brooks (Cin)
WR Derick Mason (@Jac)
WR Darrell Jackson (StL)
RB Tomlinson (@KC)
RB Emmitt Smith (Phi)
TE Ernie Conwell (@Sea)
K Dave Akers (@Dal)
It's too bad that I have such bad matchups this week...in fact they're all bad except for Hearst at Arizona. He has several very good matchups....Tomlinson at KC (ouch) and Brooks vs Cin (big ouch). I guess we'll see how it turns out. Right now I think I'm going to have to give him the edge. In our league, the winner gets 50% of the pot and 2nd place gets 30%, so we're not really fighting over that much money.

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
What happened? Did anyone win their leagues? Lose them? Everyone talked in this thread...then no one did:confused:. I won 2 out of the 3 NFL leagues I was in.....and had an undefeated season in one.....15-0-1. Anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks