What's new

Fantasy Football (Non HTF leagues) (1 Viewer)

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
A little late now since today's games have already been played, but I thought I'd point out that the Vikings run defense is 6th in the league in yards allowed per game at 97.7. It shows during the games. It's their pass defense that is horrid: no pass rush and an inexperienced, overmatched secondary. However, if the backs you have are playing the vikings and their team likes to run screens, or the backs catch a lot of passes, go for it. But a "second tier" RB is not an automatic start against them, where as WR's are.

It's funny to watch: most coaches think you still run to open up the passing game against the vikings. Seems to be some sort of universal belief. The smart ones go right to the air.

They're also #1 in total rushing yards (talking offense now), which is somewhat suprising, but Bennet has quietly become a very impressive back, Culpepper always has several good rushes per game, and even Moe Williams has had some good yardage outside of his goal line carries.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I just hope that Vikings run D keeps it up, cause my likely championship game opponent has Deuce McAllister going up against them in the championship game.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
What do you guys think of this trade:

I give:
-Steve McNair
-Curtis Conway
-Charlie Garner

I get:
-Ricky Williams or LaDanian Tomlinson
-Isaac Bruce or Randy Moss

Some more information you should know: My other RB's are Ahman Green and Clinton Portis, my other QB's are Brady, Pennington and Warner, and my other WR's are Eric Moulds, Joey Galloway and Amani Toomer. There are also many good WR's still available as FA's in my league. The guy I'm trying to trade with has those two RB's plus C-Mart, but is quite thin at QB and WR. Fair deal? And which of the options should I take?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I sounds like a great deal for you, Andrew. The only really good player you are giving up is Garner, and either RB you are getting in return is an improvement. I do not understand why he would make the deal, though. McNair is not worth what he's giving up. I would rather have Brady or Pennington, personally.

I would take Williams and Moss. Tomlinson has slowed down at bit the past couple of weeks, while Williams is still putting up consistent numbers. Bruce has been inconsistent for the past couple of seasons. Even Moss's off games are still decent.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Conway is hurt, so if you can get Moss for him, more power to you. I certainly wouldn't give up Moss for Conway, though.

Maddox has been announced as the starting QB for the Steelers this week. I am debating putting him back in my lineup (he plays Houston). My other options are Pennington vs. Denver or Brad Johnson vs. Atlanta, neither of which are great matchups? My only concern is whether Maddox will be rusty after the layoff. Any thoughts?

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Trading deadline's apparently long gone in my league. Too bad cause I made a couple of dandies!

Scott, Houston+rust = not a very good start.

I would probably start Johnson. Atlanta's D isn't anything to write home about... Keep an eye on how Maddox does in practise this week tho.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Yeah Paul, I tried to make some trades later on and found out the deadline was on the 15th of November. Of course, no one was going to accept a trade unless they go TOwens, Hearst, Davis and Booker for James Mungro. I swear, some of you guys just are too damn greedy in trades.
As far as Atlanta's D goes, they've got a great defense. What the heck are you talking about?
Andrew - sounds like a deal to me. I hate Moss and would never take him in a draft unless it was late or I was drunk. ;)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I don't know, I figure my offer of Chad Johnson and Train for Moss was quite gutsy and smart....... it worked out for the better anyways.

John, is atlanta's d really that GOOD? Other than their Carolina shutouts, and the Cinci shutdown, they've been involved in a lot of high scoring games, with not the greatest of teams. They do have an ability to hold onto the ball with their offense, but ... I dunno John.

It looks like SB Bound is dropping all his guys. I move that we put a freeze on his men for the remainder of the season. That just sucks...

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I think ol' Chad Johnson has put better numbers since that trade; I know he's had more TDs.
It's not so much the score in this league as it is turnovers and scores. And Atlanta has vaulted close to the top of the rankings in that department.
Yeah, I'm not sure why he's dropping his guys. It looks like he's keeping his main players however, probably so that he can retain them on "keeper" status. Freeze? Dunno about that now...;)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Out of these three, which two should I start:
Brady, Pennington and McNair

And out of these five, which three:
Moulds (gimme), Toomer, Conway, Galloway, Chad Johnson

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Andrew, I'd probably go with Brady. Jets @ Broncos and Titans @ Colts aren't good matchup for QBs.

3 WR: Moulds, Johnson and Toomer.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
yeah. on my BENCH!!
I didn't start him because he wasn't cleared to start until about 7 minutes before gametime. At least Kitna did well. Better to have 20 points than none. :)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Atlanta's D isn't anything to write home about
Atlanta's defense is #3 ranked in my league overall and our scoring system involves turnovers, defensive touchdowns, points allowed and blocked kicks, along with sacks...so I would say their defense IS something special. Wade Phillips has really rounded that team into a good, cohesive unit. With Buchanan, Kearney and Brookings, they have a Pro-Bowl player in the front four, secondary and at linebacker. They are more than solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks