1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

FAN NOISE

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Doug Smith, Mar 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Doug Smith

Doug Smith Second Unit

I have noticed a slight noise from the back of my new Anthem 720. I am assuming this is fan noise? It doesn't hum all the time so I assume the fan only comes on when needed. It is not super noticeable until you are up close. I'm wondering if this is the norm?

2. John Dirk

John Dirk Producer
    Supporter

JOHN
    I would think so since there is a fan in there. Don't worry about it, just enjoy your system. You bought a great receiver.

3. Doug Smith

Doug Smith Second Unit

Yeah I guess that question should have been posed a little better. I have had Pioneer and Marantz receivers before this. I guess I was wondering if all receivers have fans, (I'm obviously no techie) because this is the first one that has been audible at all. I was just wondering if it needed a more powerful one because of the increased power in this unit?

4. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
    They pack so much stuff into receivers these days. Plus, if you make sure you leave plenty of room over it for heat to escape, the fan will need to run less.