What's new

FAN NOISE (1 Viewer)

Doug Smith

Second Unit
I have noticed a slight noise from the back of my new Anthem 720. I am assuming this is fan noise? It doesn't hum all the time so I assume the fan only comes on when needed. It is not super noticeable until you are up close. I'm wondering if this is the norm?

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I would think so since there is a fan in there. Don't worry about it, just enjoy your system. You bought a great receiver.

Doug Smith

Second Unit
Yeah I guess that question should have been posed a little better. I have had Pioneer and Marantz receivers before this. I guess I was wondering if all receivers have fans, (I'm obviously no techie) because this is the first one that has been audible at all. I was just wondering if it needed a more powerful one because of the increased power in this unit?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
They pack so much stuff into receivers these days. Plus, if you make sure you leave plenty of room over it for heat to escape, the fan will need to run less.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks