What's new

Family Guy - Will it the Region 1 be cut, like the R2? (1 Viewer)

JulianK

Supporting Actor
According to reports on another board, one of the episodes on the Region 2 Season 2 Family Guy set has been edited since its original transmission.

The episode Road to Rhode Island has had an Osama Bin Laden joke cut, presumably in reaction to the events of September 11th.

I really don't want to get into a debate about whether or not this should have been censored. I'd just like a simple "yes" or "no" answer to this question, please:

Will the Region 1 disc be edited?

Mr Staddon?

Clint

Stunt Coordinator
From a source:

The episode "Road to Rhode Island" on the recently released series 2 DVD (region 2) appears to have been cut slightly. The Bin Laden scene is missing. This is a likely consequence of 9/11. According to the BBFC no cuts were made to the episode, so it must have been cut State side from the original.
If it's cut State side, I would assume that the scene for Region 1 would also be deleted. I hope its uncut, but it has been rumoured that the missing scene may be featured as a deleted scene on the future release of the third series for Region 2.

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
Fans have been worried about this since 9/11. I enjoyed the gag when it aired, but I can see why they would cut it. Maybe we'll get some info on the commentary tracks.... I can't remember if that episode was one up for commentary or not.

Matthew Furtek

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
Speaking of Family Guy, how many episodes does this show have? If I remember correctly, they are releasing season's 1 and 2 on DVD at the same time. Will this be a "complete series" set or is there still some more episodes to go?

Dean

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Dean Kousoulas wrote (post #5):

The series appears to be comprised of 50 half-hour episodes (including the unaired "If You Wish upon a Weinstein" episode). Season 1 has 7 episodes, season 2 has 21. Episodes 29-50 comprise the third season showings, plus the one unaired.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks